**** Obama

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always found Black Friday to be a funny reason for the shutdown. Not funny ha ha just strange to me.

I left online poker in 2008/2009 after 60 minutes published its first story >>>

"...
As
60 Minutes correspondent Steve Kroft
first reported last November(2008), a small group of people managed to cheat players out of more than $20 million.,,,"

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/how-online-gamblers-unmasked-cheaters/

At the time I was working 50-60 hours a week and had no problem depositing a couple hundred bucks at a time into the site usually once a month or two months.
I was a recreational player who thought he was better than he was, But for me, it was cheap entertainment at the time

So when I saw the scam happening I backed out entirely until about 2012 oblivious of black Friday. But only playing on WPT

I eventually learned about other sites but I decided to never deposit again. Consequently only allowing myself to build a br from freerolls.

This is how I found cardschat! and it is so much more than a forum to grab a password. I have met some great people here from behind my screen and there is an immense amount of information here to help anyone be a better poker player if you put the time into it.

So for me I joined for the freerolls and stayed because of great content and people

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Black Friday. The wsop main event was at its biggest when pokerstars was in the states. Many players were qualifying thru satellite tournaments. 12 million first place was amazing. We haven’t been higher than 10 million since. With the restructuring of prize distribution as it is today, unless America legalizes online poker I’m not sure we will ever see that figure again.

NinjaHands

NinjaHands

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There was a NHL strike around 2007-8 which made me look around for something interesting and I discovered online poker. There was a real boom around this time and a lot of great value could be found. Black Friday, insider cheating and a few other things put a damper on things.

Looks like everybody and their grandma beat me to the Black Friday lol :)

Still, I feel like Poker has begun a bit of an upswing recently. Hopefully everyone gets on board and we see another popularity spike like back in the day!