What age did you start playing poker?

dgospa

dgospa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
19 for fun. For real money and online at 21.Maybe i shouldnt start before 24. But we will see...

EsnneyPk

EsnneyPk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My first time I played with friends in my neighborhood they taught me the basic rules, but it was something uninteresting to spend time watching televised tournaments I was interested more and decided to return to immerse myself in this game every day I like more hehehe.

V

VelosoG7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Around 12 as a fun time with friends and like 15 for real money. My first "tournament" was a 8 friends table at a birthday party, the buy-in was R$2,00, I won the first place and R$20,00, since then I started with real money poker stars!!

DINGO8MYBABY

DINGO8MYBABY

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I saw the wsop on tv on NBC back in the 70s when they showed it because Gabe Kaplan was playing (he was a big TV star once) and tried to figure out Holdem from watching them play it, but nobody else knew how to play it, so it got away from me. When the poker boom hit after the Moneymaker WSOP, I restarted playing, though by that time I was in my late 30s.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Saw a poker broadcast in 22 years, since playing poker))

BLACKSOLDIER

BLACKSOLDIER

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I consider my beginnings in Yatzee were the start of my poker obsession so since about 9 yr old.?

J

JaneMars312

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Couple years ago, i was very interested in poker

catchitfool

catchitfool

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i started playing poker when i was 18, i got serious around 30 im 45ish now

quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Probably about 20 when a friend in college taught me so about 12-13 years ago. Then I spent a few years playing random "home" games which was usually just us in a dorm room, building basement, or occasionally a friend's parents house playing anything from penny poker to maybe $50 BI poker with elevated blinds. Lots of great times and memories. Still play with many of the same group occasionally.

E

Edson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I started a year ago, I was 23 (but I was 3 months before 24 birthday)

Bodomovac

Bodomovac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started playing when I was 18, so I'm playing for four years for now.

Emixilian

Emixilian

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At 17 probably .. I was inspired by a friend and played a few times at pokerstars on chips . It was very fascinating for me how their software works and their it was .. i started to play :).

W

wpa23

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I started playing poker for 30years old.

W

wpa23

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i played first time for free in facebook.after that read about 6 months and then a open account in pokerstar.

W

wpa23

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
after that a play almost every day. i play most tournament with buyin 0.55 to 2.20 max.six times i play in last table.

S

seaweedy1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I started playing at 17

the first time i played poker was actually strip poker with a couple of cute girls at a party, what a night! still dont know if i won or lost. :D lol!

W

wpa23

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i take 1 first place 2 times 3rd place .1 4th and 2 6th thats all

wlad20082009

wlad20082009

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
It was in 2009, I saw the daughter watching a poker tournament, I was curious and I decided to try it. I was 49 years old and was quite difficult. Since there were victories and losses, but I do not regret that started playing. Unfortunately the last two years I remained without work, without benefits or pensions. To have the bankroll to fill from scratch. In some poker rooms it turns out, somewhere in there.Of course the game in freerolls is different from cash games, and time consuming.But it was good practice.Good luck at the tables. Sorry for my English.

tbnldashik

tbnldashik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
started playing at 18, after I showed my poker brother

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a lot of my screen names I use 445 at the end because I was between 44 and 45 when I started playing online. Now I'm 57 and I still don't know anything about poker. But I keep working on my game, which is probably a waste of my time. But I really have a lot of time on my hands, so why not spend it losing my money and trying to learn at least one thing that will help my game. LOL Anyway it has been interesting to climb the ladder one rung at a time and see how it all, or most,of it. has come together and how it has shaped my game just for me. But that is not to say that nothing changes within my basic game, There is so much to consider if it might help me. And the only way I can find out if something new will work for me is to take it to the table and use it. Hell I didn't even know what a 3bet was until I came here. Now I have found out that 3 and 4 bets work just as good as all in, and it does help build a good pot and it keeps me from putting to much out there if I'm not really sure where I stand in a hand. Yeah I'm getting carried away again, because it takes me more words to get my point across than it does for you all. I'm done

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good lord I was way off the subject of this question. I should have just said I was between 44 and 45 when I started playing. It just brings so much to mind, that I can't just keep it simple. Sorry

lovemiscou

lovemiscou

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I started playing poker and learning poker on zyanga poker in 2010 when i was 21year old.. and started playing in last year on poker stars.. befor starting on pokerstars i play sometimes on 888poker and titan poker..

I started in 2010 on zynga also. But unfortunately i was 44, not 21 like you lol.
Played there for a few years, had all kind of play monies, got hacked twice for them. I moved on from there after being hacked a second time, I joined poker stars, played in some home games there and one day i saw a CC freeroll in the lobby, and have been here since.