What a downswing!

N

NKGB13

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's been hard to hang on to this downswing.. I feel that I'm taking the best decisions, I'm oftenly ahead when I decide to keep on the hand, but man, I'm taking a lot of hits on plays I can't understand my opponents moves..

Everything I try is failing and that AQs on the button that you pressure the entire table with, is loosing to 56o or KJ etc..

How to hang on??

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Downswing is the negative side of variance, upstreak is the positive side. Those. our result of playing poker can deviate, both in minus and in plus. But in the long run, having played several thousand hands, we will still come to the average value, or mathematical expectation. Many novice players, faced with a downswing in poker, believe that the fault of their frequent losses is a malfunction or twist of the random number generator. RNG - a system that ensures the loss of cards randomly, i.e. it replaces the manual shuffling of cards in live poker. It's just that poker is such a dispersive game that ups and downs can go on for a very long time.

N

NKGB13

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Downswing is the negative side of variance, upstreak is the positive side. Those. our result of playing poker can deviate, both in minus and in plus. But in the long run, having played several thousand hands, we will still come to the average value, or mathematical expectation. Many novice players, faced with a downswing in poker, believe that the fault of their frequent losses is a malfunction or twist of the random number generator. RNG - a system that ensures the loss of cards randomly, i.e. it replaces the manual shuffling of cards in live poker. It's just that poker is such a dispersive game that ups and downs can go on for a very long time.
Oh sure.. not blaming the site or anything.. it's happening on Live poker too.. just a moment of anything I try goes terribly wrong.. it's been hard to deal with it..

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My first suggestion is to make it a practice of being completely honest with yourself.

Poker is a complex game of strategy with huge swings of luck mixed in. It's often hard to know what is driving the results.

The more in tune you are with your own game/decision making, the more you can understand how you strategically match up against the opposition (and how good/bad you are running).

Once you get a solid understanding of your own game, then you can have comfort in downswings as long as you are still playing properly (according to a proven strategy that "works" in the long run). The reason for this is that you now have a better understanding of what you are experiencing (a short term run of mathematical variance), and can honestly see how you are still making the correct decisions during the "downswing."

I hope this helps. :)

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How many days does your downswing is lasting? Bad run will happen to every player. When I see I'm in a bad moment, I usually try to review my hand history to see if I'm really making the best decisions. If yes, I usually take a break of poker for a couple of days or only play freerolls in these days to avoid lose more money.

Zrariii

Zrariii

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
MA
Chips
It's been hard to hang on to this downswing.. I feel that I'm taking the best decisions, I'm oftenly ahead when I decide to keep on the hand, but man, I'm taking a lot of hits on plays I can't understand my opponents moves..

Everything I try is failing and that AQs on the button that you pressure the entire table with, is loosing to 56o or KJ etc..

How to hang on??
Hi 🙂
I cant give you advice, i have none myself.
If Anything, i can Suggest, is to play 4 as in 7.
Have a nice day 👌

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
They know how RNG works , do they know when yo call with cr* and get rewarded by RNG . You have to punish all these bingo players , pay them same way , same coin, destroy them with bad beats , and have fun doing so .

D0nk3y Hunt3r

D0nk3y Hunt3r

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
They know how RNG works , do they know when yo call with cr* and get rewarded by RNG . You have to punish all these bingo players , pay them same way , same coin, destroy them with bad beats , and have fun doing so .
Utter bullshit. You are winning only because such players exist.
Blame the game, not the player.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe take some time off- review your play and maybe post a few hands for others to review.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't despair. If you make the right decisions, you will soon start winning.

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Mathematics is a very diverse science. Part of it is based on axioms. For example, 2+2 = 4. No one should doubt this. But there's another part of math as well. In particular, it contains probabilities. They imply that an event can happen. But we must understand that this event may not happen. Therefore, if a bad luck streak begins, something must be changed. For example, change the table in the cash game or change the type of poker, or start playing only MTT. We cannot influence the operation of the random number generator. But we can move to another area of his work. Good luck with the game!

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are a sure about your decisions you can only laugh with the results. Taking a break comes next.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
this happens a friend just do the same thing and on average you will be in the black than those players who are lucky everything is easy

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

How to hang on??
If you're really playing correctly, these situations are sad, but a big problem that I've been noticing for a few months is the logarithms, sometimes more hidden, sometimes more wide open. The only way to win is to be able to fit the smallest range possible, that is, very difficult.

You need to strongly condition your mind. In other words, go to work.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bad hits also give experience in their own way. Over time, you will understand how to deal with such situations.

Navin Sarabjeet

Navin Sarabjeet

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
SR
Chips

How to hang on??
Maybe you just need a break buddy. And when you come back fresh and everready to take on the opponents.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Downturns are killer and they can be cruel and long. Just make sure your playing your best game and it will turn.

IronMike9000

IronMike9000

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
I am playing good poker at the moment getting it in good 80% of the time, rarely a complete dog, but i am getting hammered by bad beats. It happens suck it up

juan1579

juan1579

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I don't know if these words guide you or help you, but the exact same thing happens to me, and what I can tell you is that in the long run maintaining a good game brings success

mateuszjason

mateuszjason

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Dont cry mate, try to play yours best A game, even if you think that you will loose every hand. Try to fix YOurs main problems at game. Make a goals what need to repair in Yours game, then try fix it.

after rain sun is shining.

nerobs9

nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Hi, friend!
In such situations, I stop playing for a while) It's better to take a break and return to poker with clear thoughts. Believe me, you will look at your game from a different point of view.
I have lost my bankroll more than once in anger - this does not lead to anything good.

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
last night some crazy guy called my allin with a 73 of and I showed the table my pair of KK you know what? I win with a two pair on the flop 739, incredible that someone accepts an allin pre flop with those cards, in those moments is when I think that this is not fair and that there is something manipulated, it was a tournament with a buy-in of 10 dls, I it is very strange some movements of the opponents.

Mihail Grinvich

Mihail Grinvich

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I'm sure every poker player has had a downturn. I recently had a slump after I decided to implement a certain strategy that I read about online. I didn't feel the game, but I was losing all the time. He spat on this strategy and began to play according to his own rules. He immediately improved his position.