What the.....

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who can explain this one to me (don't worry about my play to much, look at his)

pokerstars Game #14659020965: Hold'em No Limit ($0.25/$0.50) - 2008/01/18 - 23:23:36 (ET)
Table 'Mieke' 2-max Seat #2 is the button
Seat 1: Arkadiy ($30 in chips)
Seat 2: HOTTCRDS ($29.95 in chips)
HOTTCRDS: posts small blind $0.25
Arkadiy: posts big blind $0.50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Arkadiy [Ah Jh]
HOTTCRDS: raises $1.50 to $2
Arkadiy: raises $1.50 to $3.50
HOTTCRDS: calls $1.50
*** FLOP *** [6d 9s 8s]
Arkadiy: bets $2.50
HOTTCRDS: calls $2.50
*** TURN *** [6d 9s 8s] [2s]
Arkadiy: bets $4
HOTTCRDS: calls $4
*** RIVER *** [6d 9s 8s 2s] [7s]
Arkadiy: checks
HOTTCRDS: checks
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Arkadiy: shows [Ah Jh] (high card Ace)
HOTTCRDS: shows [Kc Th] (a straight, Six to Ten)
HOTTCRDS collected $19.50 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $20 | Rake $0.50
Board [6d 9s 8s 2s 7s]
Seat 1: Arkadiy (big blind) showed [Ah Jh] and lost with high card Ace
Seat 2: HOTTCRDS (button) (small blind) showed [Kc Th] and won ($19.50) with a straight, Six to Ten

jaketrevvor

jaketrevvor

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If he figured he had 10 live outs coz you were betting with air (which was the truth) then your tiny bets pretty much priced him in. No point trying to get extra value on river with a 4-flush on board so he checks it. The problems in this hand weren't at his end (mainly).

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, this kid is just a luckbox. I took ~$25 just playing smart poker, then he makes the rest of it back by constantly playing hands like 93, etc.

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ur flop bet was way to small in my oppinion
if u had raised a bit more he may have folded and if the bet on the flop dont work push more chips on turn, and push all in on river, he can call {but u need to have no care for money to make that play}
its heads up too so he could have felt that king hi could have been good....donkey

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can't get him off a hand, I bet $5 pre-flop he called with 49.....

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, this kid is just a luckbox. I took ~$25 just playing smart poker, then he makes the rest of it back by constantly playing hands like 93, etc.
still it is heads up, u can justify playing cards like 93 in heads up, once ur aggressive and take the lead in the hand

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
still it is heads up, u can justify playing cards like 93 in heads up, once ur aggressive and take the lead in the hand

I play these tables all the time, 39 = bad hand no matter where you are.

jaketrevvor

jaketrevvor

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh it's hu mayb he thought you was stabbing fair enuf, but yeah I can see the donk aspects lol

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
4 times today I have 9Q suited, 4 times today I hit the flop with the straight, 4 times today someone has AQ to have a higher straight.

Poker sucks ass. :(

MGiani

MGiani

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thats a ridiculously tough break.....Q9 always kills me 2....

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Q9 kills everyone...who plays it. Trash hand get thrown in the muck where they belong.

reglardave

reglardave

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't see any problem with the hand in question. Heads up, K-10 is certainly strong enough to justify every play he made, esp. since he had a gutshot on the flop. Plus he probably figured on having 2 live potential winners besides(which he did). Bottom line, he hit his hand, you had squadouche.

(X) straights beat ace high. This time, every time.

Somedays you're the windshield, some days you're the bug.

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bet more pre-flop
Bet more on the flop
Check/call or check fold the turn.

As played spew.

Chevren

Chevren

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bet more pre-flop
Bet more on the flop
Check/call or check fold the turn.

As played spew.

QFT

You ask for advise then try to rationalize your play, you min raised on preflop (never a good idea IMO)

Then you bet like a vegan on the flop and turn put some beef in your bets and you might get his draw out.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
QFT

You ask for advise then try to rationalize your play, you min raised on preflop (never a good idea IMO)

Then you bet like a vegan on the flop and turn put some beef in your bets and you might get his draw out.

QFT purely for the food reference

His play wasnt that bad. King high very playable heads up. Gutshot and overcards on flop. Gutshot and overcards on turn. No point betting for value on 4 flush so he checks his straight

jaketrevvor

jaketrevvor

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
shizzle switch you're way ova 1000 posts and i hadnt noticed. n1 matey :)

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
cheers jt, also ive decided im going to deposit on pokerstars since everyone on cc plays there except me it seems. So ill be crushing you at the tables soon :smile:

jaketrevvor

jaketrevvor

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh crumbs...

then agen ive neva met a welsh person who can actually play yet hahaha :D

Last edited:
Chris_TC

Chris_TC

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
->Don't minraise. If you want to raise him, make it $6 or $7.
->Your flop bet just asks for a raise. I think he should have played this much more aggressively. If you bet $2.50 in this spot, most of the time I'll raise you with any two.
->The turn bet is more of the same.

nevadanick

nevadanick

Back to work ... zzzzz
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not only here, but in a lot of No Limit post replies, the advice often seems to be "bet more here, more there, more re-raise, overthetop, all-in, etc.

Sure, I get the idea that No Limit means you bet the farm anytime you feel froggy. In this case, it's a .25/.50 NLHE game and was still a $20 pot HU/2 seat ... :confused:

Why waste time with betting rounds? Just make the tables NLAI (No Limit All In) and get it over with. If everyone stays with everything, just bet it all preflop every hand, win or lose. If you lose, just re-buy. Just think of all the rake payments you'll be saving... :D

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerStars Game #14659020965: Hold'em No Limit ($0.25/$0.50) - 2008/01/18 - 23:23:36 (ET)
Table 'Mieke' 2-max Seat #2 is the button
Seat 1: Arkadiy ($30 in chips)
Seat 2: HOTTCRDS ($29.95 in chips)
HOTTCRDS: posts small blind $0.25
Arkadiy: posts big blind $0.50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Arkadiy [Ah Jh]
HOTTCRDS [Kc Th]: raises $1.50 to $2 (bold added by me)
Arkadiy: raises $1.50 to $3.50 <- AJ suited HU is a monster hand. Please don't minraise this. Especially if he's calling a lot, I make it $6 here
HOTTCRDS: calls $1.50 - He's getting 11:3 to call this (3.67:1), KTo is decent enough HU to call with those kinds of odds PF
*** FLOP *** [6d 9s 8s]
Arkadiy: bets $2.50 - The pot is $7 - rake and you bet $2.50. He now has 2.8:1 here with 2 overs and a gut shot. Easy call here
HOTTCRDS: calls $2.50
*** TURN *** [6d 9s 8s] 2♠
Arkadiy: bets $4 - $12 pot, PLEASE bet more than $4 when all you have is A high.
HOTTCRDS: calls $4 - This is IMO the bad play here. Personally, I would raise here. You've shown to be extremely weak. 3 spades on the board so he could be drawing dead. This should either be a raise or a fold
*** RIVER *** [6d 9s 8s 2s] 7♠
Arkadiy: checks
HOTTCRDS: checks - 4 spades on the board, no reason to bet, even if he can be reasonably sure he has the best hand
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Arkadiy: shows [Ah Jh] (high card Ace)
HOTTCRDS: shows [Kc Th] (a straight, Six to Ten)
HOTTCRDS collected $19.50 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $20 | Rake $0.50
Board [6d 9s 8s 2s 7s]
Seat 1: Arkadiy (big blind) showed [Ah Jh] and lost with high card Ace
Seat 2: HOTTCRDS (button) (small blind) showed [Kc Th] and won ($19.50) with a straight, Six to Ten

Comments in bold above. Basically he misplayed the turn, but you played this worse than he did IMO.