Well It Has Finally Happened

T

TheWall

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find it funny where my topic has gone--I'm really starting to enjoy this forum. I'm having a lot of fun and luck at .01/.02 and being a solid winner so far this week. On a side not Townsend is one hell of a player.

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, your topic has been taken off the rails a bit.

Started playing .01-.02 with a $20 bankroll (i know not ideal, but I will redeposit if things go very bad) and have since raised it up to $26 in two days. The play is certainly very poor and for the most part I've been nitting it up with an occasional steal, but only when I'm confident that the player isn't a calling station. I'm enjoying the stats the software provides to me about my own play and I'm getting excited about the chance of escaping the microstakes someday.

But this all sounds pretty good. You're right that the 0.01/0.02 tends to be pretty bad, but at the same time if you have problems with patience, maybe that part and the nitty play is good practice for you.

T

TheWall

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It definitely is--and the strict bankroll management I'm giving myself will certainly help me to maintain being a winning player in the future. Plus I enjoy the idea that I can move up stakes and possibly make it a level that impacts the amount of money I'm making--in addition to working and such.

sld2

sld2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find it funny where my topic has gone--I'm really starting to enjoy this forum. I'm having a lot of fun and luck at .01/.02 and being a solid winner so far this week. On a side not Townsend is one hell of a player.

So, Ahem, I'm pro cash games and I would recommend to keep grinding out that 2NL and once you get to $100 move up to 5NL, and when you make it to 10NL, and then I would consider looking into a poker tracking software. Good luck!

jdeliverer

jdeliverer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tournaments are where the real heroes are made! Ask Phil Hellmuth...

So, Ahem, I'm pro cash games and I would recommend to keep grinding out that 2NL and once you get to $100 move up to 5NL, and when you make it to 10NL, and then I would consider looking into a poker tracking software. Good luck!

T

TheWall

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd say that being a great tournament player is equal to being a great cash player. Also I've since doubled my money and am up to $40 playing .01/.02--SLD2 I'll be taking your advice and waiting until i get to $100 to advance however i did just start playing two tables at once and am not finding it difficult.