welcome back stormswa thread

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey kids,

this is my official welcome back thread, been away for like most of this year but should be more regular from here on out. I have a couple things to talk about but 1st I want to show you guy this thread on 2+2. Yea yea I know we hate putting other forums on this site but this is one thread you have to see. Here it is...

The 2+2 Forums: Any Full Tilt Mods Yet? (1 included)

before any admin rush to delete that link please look at it and see that this thread is down right amazing and useful for all users, if you need help on any of the mods give me a PM and I will help.

ok back to me now, I have not played much this year. I started off the year real real bad and took some time off. I jumped back in with a small deposit of about $500 and blew threw it in like 1 day taking some really crappy beats. KK lost to set twice (ouch), it got me to thinking that maybe I need to stop playing cash games for awhile and get back to what I have shown is my best game and that is MTT and STT. My stats in these things are pretty impressive both live and online. About a year ago I was totally rocking the $4 180's with back to back wins and multiple cashes. I would guesstimate that I was cashing in over 50% and making final tables in 10% of them. I have only had time for 4 live tourneys but have final tabled 2 of them, but in cash games I seem to tilt alot and in tourneys I really never do. Maybe its because how I play I hardly ever put my whole stack at risk.

anyway so right now im on a forced 1 month break, so in my down time what I did was download every single MTT and STT video from cardrunners and have been watching them non stop. Action jeff is my guest pro that I enjoy watching a lot because his style and mine are very alike. So when im watching them im like yea I would fold there also. I have totally cleared out my pokertracker database and I'm ready for when I come back next month.

I'm not too worried about money I have lost this year in cash games because I know I can pretty much get them back in a couple tourneys or grind them up in STT which again is what I show success in. Also I will have a new name that I will post once I start playing. As for how to deposit well western union is very simple if anyone has not tried it yet its only about a hour process to get onto stars. As for full tilt they have moneygram which is also very very simple.

personally I'm doing fine, after I lose a lot of money I take some time to figure out what went wrong. The conclusion I came up with this time is I just tilted away after some bad beats and I needed a extended break from cash games. I'm supposed to be kinda training my best friend to play poker but I will inform him that right now I can not help him on cash games seeing as I don't feel it would be fair to him because I do not think my head is in right place for cash games right now. I will tell him that I can help him in STT and MTT's though because I don't tilt in them and my head is always in right place for them.

I plan on doing some video's like the cardrunners videos next month (end of month) and would be happy to show them to my friends here at cardschat if you wish to see them. I plan on doing a lot where I start playing one night and auto spawn 2-4 tourneys and if I bust just open another one, it should be very informative to all. Stay tuned for that, other then that hi how you all doing? :)

smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Instead of Western Union you should find an All Access visa. They only have a $5.95 fee for the $100 card and you can use on PS or FT. I'm sure that's cheaper than WU.

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nope

Instead of Western Union you should find an All Access Visa. They only have a $5.95 fee for the $100 card and you can use on PS or FT. I'm sure that's cheaper than WU.

its like four dollars cheaper and they dont work

I tried it at 1st and it worked fine but after like the 4th one I entered it started getting declined. After thinking this over I believe it is because the bank that issues them because even though it is prepaid it goes through a transaction bank figures out where it is going they start to decline them.

so if they are working for you thats great but dont be suprised if they just start getting declined.

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i'm doing alright. had an amazing march&april (both mtt&cash) and then may started off pretty amazing too, until i hit an insane cash game downswing. stepped down in limits to rebuild & get my confidence back.

glad to see you back.

aloevera

aloevera

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting time you had away and seems like you thought alot....were glad to have you back stormswa........good luck in your future endeavours;)

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hey Brian, good to see you back. You'll find you're not the only one around these parts having a hard time this year...:)

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yea

i'm doing alright. had an amazing march&april (both mtt&cash) and then may started off pretty amazing too, until i hit an insane cash game downswing. stepped down in limits to rebuild & get my confidence back.

glad to see you back.

thats my problem with cash games I dont step down :eek:

I just hate grinding real low limits, I would rather grind STT's.

edit for other replies: yea cash games have been kicking my butt, I really like having all these video's on my computer to refrense when im taking a break. I havent downloaded any cash game ones because I dont think I will be joining any cash games the rest of this year. I was planning on going to wsop this year but I blew through my vacation on family vacations and my wife is pregnant so I have to skip it. BUT I will be there next year for sure, my mom is switching her time share from Florida to Vegas so we will have free room and board.

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well i moved up to 4 tabling 100max (and testing the 200max waters) and had to step down to 50max, so it's not super low limits.

Schatzdog

Schatzdog

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Welcome back. May has been pretty good to me. Taking shots at higher levels and generally quite happy with where my games at. Always more to learn obv.

Good luck.

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well i moved up to 4 tabling 100max (and testing the 200max waters) and had to step down to 50max, so it's not super low limits.

yea cash games have just been annoying the hell out of me latley which is why I have decided to step down and play what I have good results in. If I can figure out this camtasia program I should have a series of videos up by end of next month.

I think even after I make some money in tourneys and STT I will still not mess with cash games for little while. It has just been so hard to put people on ranges of hands lately. Its funny in tournaments its pretty systematic and I can put them on there hand or very close to it. In cash games im like "he has he has, $(#* if I know what he has?"

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Welcome back stormswa, glad to have you back:)

pokernut

pokernut

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Glad to have you back. I enjoyed reading your Atlantic City trip reports when I first joined. I think that was you? Anyway, hope you get rolling again.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Brian!! I have been wondering about you - nice to see you again.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi there and welcome back :D

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yep

Glad to have you back. I enjoyed reading your Atlantic City trip reports when I first joined. I think that was you? Anyway, hope you get rolling again.

yea that was me... and thanks.