Weirdest thing you have done to play poker?

• Thread starter MainEventOrBust
  • Start date
M

MainEventOrBust

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So here is a little backstory before I tell you mine:

Wife is stay-at-home mom, and we have two under two years old. The oldest one takes steady naps, but the youngest only sleeps consistently in the car. So if I find myself at home during nap time, I take the little one out for a drive so the wife can get some rest.

I'm driving around with my notebook in the car, and decide it would be cool if I could hijack some free wireless, and play a little poker. The prerequisites are pretty simple: I just need shade, and a fairly close unsecured connection.

Here is the crux, if the baby wakes up, the only way to induce sleep is to get the car moving again.

So I find myself (in the Cardschat bodog tourney) two days ago, shoving bizarre hands every time the baby whimpers; and if it turns into a cry, I have to close the notebook, blind off for 10 minutes or so, while trying to get the baby back to sleep and finding a new location with shade and wireless.

Maybe I have a problem if I can't sit in the car for two hours without trying to figure out how to get into a tournament? Or maybe my only problem is not enjoying cash games enough, since jumping in and out of hands would be much easier to do? (Okay, so maybe its not that I don't enjoy cash games, I'm just a little fishier at them than I am at tourneys ;-)

Anyone else found themselves going to extraordinary lengths to stay in a game?

F

farmyx23

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I bought an upc battery to be able to play even when i have no power but i forgot that i have my router in ather room so ..damn i still lost that tournament...

Infamous1020

Infamous1020

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
i cold 4bet 64 suited all in once when we were all ~200big blinds deep. that was pretty weird. lol