Weekly live tourny .... I think I could have made the $

TheNoob

TheNoob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
(mistakenly posted this in the video forum ....... sorry)

Well, 4 1/2 hours of poker for nothing this time.

I was pretty short with the blinds at 1600/800 and a 200 ante. At this level I maybe had maybe 5 circuits left.

I'm in the BB with A9c and all fold to the SB who has maybe 3-4x my chips.

He raises to 4k, and I just smell a steal here. I shove. In hindsight, I may have had enough chips to wait for a better hand, but I really did think I was just getting pressured for a steal.

He calls and turns over A8d.

All was good until the third diamond on the board hit on the RIVER, and I'm done.

Without that freakin diamond, I double up and with 25-30 players left out of 160 (and dropping like flies) I have a reasonable shot at the money.

I was unhappy.
progress.gif

North_Bank

North_Bank

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And you should be unhappy because of the bad beat. You can't blame the SB for raising A8 but at such a crucial stage it is infuriating o go out like that. That happenned to me exactly yesterday (almost).

I was playing ultra tight in the $2 Jefferson tournament. My table was insanely loose and I was card dead. I was sitting on about 5000 with 100 to go out before the money (around 20-25 minutes or so I guessed). I had played I think 2 hands in an hour, I was clearly the tightest player by a mile. I found AsKs in middle position and raised 2.5xblinds to around 750-800. The second tightest (or so I thought) to my immediate left shoved (we had about the same stack). I called and he shows K10os. The board runs completely perfect and drawless till the 10 pops on the river. I don't know what possessed this guy to shove with k10 considering he was playing good and tight. He was one of the better players at the table it had seemed. Maybe he got bored I don't know, but playing for 2 hours to go out to that garbage certainly hurt.

Don't get me wrong, I am used to going out of tournament by bad beats, but rarely do I manage to go out to stupid plays, usually its AK/AQ, overpair vs underpair etc.

Organize a Home Poker Game