watch this video and answer what you think.

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why? When you have a monster of a hand, you need to play for value. You can't be afraid to pick up a lot of chips when you have a big hand because there is a small chance you'll get unlucky and lose. You're going to get unlucky sometimes, that's variance but when you're a huge favorite you should be focused more on getting paid off than losing.

You lose more money buying pots when you're a huge favorite than you do playing it for value.
on the turn i see a possible str8 2 ways in qj or q10 and in a possible 56 that may have been a loose suited call. i like to take the money and run. i dont want to see a q j 10 3 or 8 on the river. not because im afraid to win or lose i just dont want to have to make that decision when i could have taken my winning on the turn. IMHO

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You do know that a set > 2 pair, right?

In this instance it was the Broadway draw that got there....beware of Broadway!

Still just a bad or inconclusive read on Daniel's part. Only real reason to bring up reads is that Daniel is a MASTER of reads!

Good luck !

Rosxana13

Rosxana13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If happens all the time. If you have AA you should let the others know. Hard bet early on cause if not, this things happen. And Negreanu knew that he probably had QT but the stack difference led him to take the risk.