Wanting to learn PL Omaha

T

TheWall

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I'm a fairly experienced player who enjoys NLHE and Omaha Hi Low. While I enjoy these games it seems PL Omaha is the game to learn and I was wondering which book would be best to teach it to me?

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dammit why cant anyone pay attention to all the PLO threads here already? Check it out, seems u Omaha dweebs cant find a thing anywhere :joyman:

BTW u the same Wall from Birdies? Then stop fooling around... this is a repeat thread posted on top of another one, txs...

Last edited:
N

nimer9

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In omaha its all about drawing. Since you can only use 2 of your whole cards, not less or more.

So what you want usually is double suited cards. And also to have them in a straight is nice. AKQJ is my favorite omaha hand. I prefer over AAKK, unless ofc you are up against that hand in which AAKK is better.

Infamous1020

Infamous1020

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Eh, there arent really too too many plo books out there

W

WarEagle1266

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play .05/.10 PLO on bodog and it's my biggest moneymaker. At these stakes, there is a lot of limping, and i suggest you do it too. Where limping is a bad thing in NLHE, it can be very profitable in low stakes PLO. The game is mostly about seeing a cheap flop and being able to read the board effectively to see how you're hand ranks and what your opponents are most likely to have. bluffing tends to be less effective in PLO than NLHE, so stick to straightfoward poker by limping, betting your strong hands, and folding your weak ones. Well, that's the best advice I have for you. If you'd like some pro advice, you could go to Mike Matusow's website: www.mikethemouth.com; I'm sure he has some invaluable advice there.

Good luck at the tables, and make sure to start at a lower stakes game until you're profitable and comfortable enough with the game.

T

TheWall

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks all..i am not from that forum so sorry for any confusion that caused. i'll use the search feature from now on. i was asking for a book because I'm going to the beach and was looking for something to read.

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks all..i am not from that forum so sorry for any confusion that caused. i'll use the search feature from now on. i was asking for a book because I'm going to the beach and was looking for something to read.
Farha on Omaha

Infamous1020

Infamous1020

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Farha on Omaha

lol i have no idea why youre obsessed with Farha but im telling you there are many players that play PLO better then he does

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Farha on Omaha

Probably the worst book I ever read. He sounds like such an idiot in that book.

"Most people would call here, but I might throw in a little raise"

kleitches

kleitches

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably the worst book I ever read. He sounds like such an idiot in that book.

"Most people would call here, but I might throw in a little raise"

lol, I can just hear him saying that in his count-like voice

robert_wrath

robert_wrath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best to pick up all books on PLO. Opinions have the tendency to vary from player to reader. Regardless of who the author is, I always seem to find something useful in each book I've read. I will strongly recommend starting here: Rolf Slotboom's Secrets Of Professional Pot-Limit Omaha. Excellent mechanics you can utilize for Texas Holdem as well. This will keep you busy for a while. Enjoy & have fun.

DURRRRACELL

DURRRRACELL

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love plo. It's a very profitable game due to the fact that not many people know what they are doing. The variance is much higher than that of nl. Much more action in plo.