..I voted..best of luck Katie

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Done. I donk know a lot of the people so I only voted where I had an idea, otherwise left it blank. But I found Katie!

W

woman poker player

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow how disappointing is this thread? First of all, and I am totally shocked that nobody has taken the time to straighten this out for you.

1. The nominees if you read news releases etc. are nominated by the public you cannot be "added" to a ballot, so you are missing the point of these awards, it is not political. The nominees that have been declared are based soley on number of nominations received and nothing else. Since the nominations are closed for 2009, remember to nominate this forum next year if you wish it included.

2. You cannot vote more than once and to do so is unethical by hiding your ip, its not only dishonest, it gives no respect to the other people who have been nominated, or to the organizers who are trying to give credit to those who support women and poker. It will result in the awards being pulled.

Otherwise, thank you for your support for women and poker, and good luck to all the nominees who are well deserving of an award. Since most of you seem to not be aware of who these people are. I will post the press release in my next message here!

Good luck at the tables! :)

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2. You cannot vote more than once and to do so is unethical by hiding your ip, its not only dishonest, it gives no respect to the other people who have been nominated, or to the organizers who are trying to give credit to those who support women and poker. It will result in the awards being pulled

That should probably be posted in the instructions at the beginning then, many awards/voting encourage voting as much as you like (or perhaps limit it to once/day etc.) so more enthusiastic supporters can make more of a difference. If its one vote/person, the only way you'll really get that is if you send out ballots to registered members. I'm not going to circumvent the rules, just asking what they are.

Last edited:
Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1. The nominees if you read news releases etc. are nominated by the public you cannot be "added" to a ballot, so you are missing the point of these awards, it is not political. The nominees that have been declared are based soley on number of nominations received and nothing else. Since the nominations are closed for 2009, remember to nominate this forum next year if you wish it included.

The posts I saw were saying to nominate for next year, so...um, ok.

voted...hopefully Cardschat will be up there someday!

I voted, then sent an email to them asking them to consider CC for next year-you all should do the same, especially the ladies. Maybe a grassroots campaign can get CC on next year's ballot.

I sent the email recommending cardschat-- judging from this thread you guys are the friendliest poker forum!

Thanks for voting for me! :)

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2. You cannot vote more than once and to do so is unethical by hiding your ip, its not only dishonest, it gives no respect to the other people who have been nominated, or to the organizers who are trying to give credit to those who support women and poker. It will result in the awards being pulled.

I had no idea that you were only supposed to vote once, very sorry for encouraging you guys to do otherwise.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow how disappointing is this thread? First of all, and I am totally shocked that nobody has taken the time to straighten this out for you.

Otherwise, thank you for your support for women and poker, and good luck to all the nominees who are well deserving of an award. Since most of you seem to not be aware of who these people are. I will post the press release in my next message here!

Good luck at the tables! :)

Thanks for stopping by - though your remark about this thread being disappointing is out of line.:)

Comments were made by members of the forum being disappointed that this forum was not a choice - there is nothing wrong with that and we can try to get included next year.

There is nothing unethical about voting more than once when the site does not tell you how many times you can vote. I assumed you could vote as many times as you wanted within a 24 hour period - however did not ask that anyone do that and only answered in response to a question posed about it - and in my response said "I think...". Since I only voted once and have not returned to the site I have no idea what it would say if I tried to vote again. (my answer was based on someone telling me they had voted twice the first day and could not vote again the 2nd day).

I am assuming you have something set up to reject the multiple votes for all candidates in the first day - since you would not be naive enough to not know that almost all voters would be confused about how many times they can vote. I am sure every candidate has received multiple votes from individuals trying to help their favorites win. I suppose it will all wash out in the end. :)

Anyway - Cardschat pals please continue to vote for Katie - but only vote once please.

Last edited:
kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Voted - For the rest of the categories I did what all guys would do. Voted based on looks ;)

Hope she wins. Will she host a FR for us if she does? LOL

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anyway - Cardschat pals please continue to vote for Katie - but only vote once please.

+1

Sorry about the confusion guys, and thank you for voting (once lol) for me, and supporting women in poker. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The posts I saw were saying to nominate for next year, so...um, ok.

Maybe she was talking about my "write-in" suggestion for CardsChat, lol.

The only time I heard about the voting on this was in this thread.. so I had no idea about the nominations and such.

I feel bad for contributing to the disappoint in this thread.. I fail. I makez mee a sad Mortis. :(

Maid Marian

Maid Marian

RIP Baby BooBoo
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I voted & wish CC was in the list to vote also! Perhaps next time!:)

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Voted - For the rest of the categories I did what all guys would do. Voted based on looks ;)

Hope she wins. Will she host a FR for us if she does? LOL

I beg to differ kmixer. I estimated intelligence and skill based on the pictures. (estimated intelligence and skill based on pictures = looks....)

Spookey

Spookey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Voted !
Hope she ends up wining it !

t1tpfdc

t1tpfdc

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only one i voted for
was all Greek to me...

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Got ya, Katie! Sorry I didn't see this earlier!

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I voted & wish CC was in the list to vote also! Perhaps next time!:)

I haven't put a ton of time into that other huge free to join forum, but I can guarantee that we're a ton better than they are for encouraging women... or anyone for that matter.:D

drgilbert4

drgilbert4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I voted... Good luck to Katie! I hope she wins it all!!!

Sean Pilgrim

Sean Pilgrim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I haven't put a ton of time into that other huge free to join forum, but I can guarantee that we're a ton better than they are for encouraging women... or anyone for that matter.:D

2+2 is full of trash talk.

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I voted.

I hope she wins!