Vegas report

calicokid49

calicokid49

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just got back from a 9 day trip to the promised land (vegas, baby!). Didn't play much poker, just one tournament at Green Valley Ranch. Made the final table but got taken out by a donkey. AKo in the sb, folded around to me, I raise about 1/3 of my stack, she calls with 66. Flop comes 8K7 rainbow, I should have shoved, but only bet another 1/3 of stack (half the pot). She called, spiked a 6 on the turn. No money, but I was happy to make to 7th place. Maybe I was a donkey :(.

Spent the first three days at Sams Town, then two at GVR, then three more at Red Rock. Love them comps! RR is the nicest of the three for sure.

Played video poker the rest of the time, hit the deuces four times, but gave some winnings back on the penny slots (-EV). Something about the crystal forest....

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Didn't play much poker

What a waste of a trip!!!!!

Na only kidding, glad you had a good time. When ive made enough vegas is the one place i want to go, like a lot of others i assume

smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just got back from a 9 day trip to the promised land (vegas, baby!). Didn't play much poker, just one tournament at Green Valley Ranch. Made the final table but got taken out by a donkey. AKo in the sb, folded around to me, I raise about 1/3 of my stack, she calls with 66. Flop comes 8K7 rainbow, I should have shoved, but only bet another 1/3 of stack (half the pot). She called, spiked a 6 on the turn. No money, but I was happy to make to 7th place. Maybe I was a donkey :(.

Not knowing your and your opponents stack sizes or the blinds makes a full analysis of this more difficult. But considering you are at the final table, I'm guessing the stacks were large as were the blinds. In that case, 1/3 of your stack, probably isn't that much to your opponent. So she called with 66 vs. AKo, it's a coinflip preflop. After the flop you bet another 1/3 when you hit your K and even admit that you should have pushed. Again, 1/3 is obviously not scaring her and then she hit her card.

So unless there is some other info to this story that we are missing, I don't see how she is a donkey. Is she just a donkey because you were ahead with AK and lost?

I've seen way worse plays than that towards the end of a tourney. It's ashame you didn't cash though. Since you finished 7th and didn't cash, I'm guessing the field was small (40-50?).

Royal Vegas - Leo Vegas - Sky Vegas