KrazyKoo

KrazyKoo

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
I think it depends on what age you become top tier. I don't think anyone over 30 can ever reach the absolute peak in poker. But if you reach the peak before you are 30 and then just maintain it, I think that's doable till like 60s.

johnnylawford

johnnylawford

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think Poker is a game you can play at any age as long a you're willing to keep up with the game. Doyle's a good example of someone playing into his 80s, and there are plenty of pros from the 80's (Hellmuth, Seidel, Chan, etc..) still playing regularly.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think there is an age limit. Like you said, Doyle Brunson is there to prove you can play poker until you want.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Until what age will you be physically comfortable)

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think poker and player resurgence are very related. If you constantly learn, learn strategies and keep up with the development of the poker field, you will not be a hindrance to return. The main thing is desire and motivation.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think it depends on your wellbeing and how fit you are etc. in general .

when you take care of yourself and are still sharp and fit etc. i think you can even play at high level at age 70+ and maybe even 80+

Swat1197

Swat1197

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe up to not losing mind)

hennessy5

hennessy5

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Poker has no age limit. As long as your brain is functioning you can play high stakes poker

heguli82

heguli82

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
We have different goals and expectations about poker. Grinding cash tables online as your day job, playing 2milj. hands per year is one thing and maybe for the younger ones. In the other hand, someone could easily play hers best poker years at older age, maybe after job career, when putting more time and effort to it.

In generally, i think poker players are much more wiser these days. There are better tools to players to practice and learn the game, bringing also better understanding of bankroll management. And because of all of this, poker is not concidered a lifetime lasting career among the players as much it maybe was before.

nerobs9

nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I don't think there is a correct answer to this question.
Look at Doyle F. Brunson, he's already 89 years old)

GrEbZ2021

GrEbZ2021

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker is a game for all generations and where your age is not important

staytrue001

staytrue001

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I read somewhere that until the age of 35, then you need to "retire" so that it does not turn into an addiction. But I think that if you play this game for fun without the desire to earn anything, then the age is unlimited

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
I think there is no age limit, as long as you keep your brain trained, I think you can play well even when you are very old.

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
As poker is a sport of the mind, as long as the mind is healthy, I don't believe that any age prevents someone from playing, remembering of course that the game evolves, so it is essential that we study and perfect our knowledge over time, forever we remain victorious.

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
There is a very good phrase from a rap song here in my country: "the limit is a border created only by the mind".

Reflects.

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, you can play poker until you have the desire to play and you understand what you are doing.

B

budweiser74777

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think - that ochent and very long time!! while the brain thinks

B

budweiser74777

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think - that ochent and very long time!! while the brain thinks

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I've been playing poker for 10 years. I love this game. I'm playing for fun. I'm planning on playing for many more years. But the question is: How many years can you play at a high level with good results? There are only a few examples. Like Brunson. What do you think?
I think it depends only on you and on your desire to be a leader. In order to be one of the best, you need to constantly learn and improve your game, and this is hard work every day and not everyone is ready for it.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Come back to this thread when you're over 60yrs. & tell me if you still feel the same way about your answer. (if you still play poker)

Was the initial question "play poker" or was it "play poker competitively" or at your "peak abilities"

My answer: Starts to go downhill by age 60. Often times much sooner. (some later).

As me how I know.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
I think the period between adulthood and falling into insanity. But with old age, the efficiency of brain cells decreases, they say. Chess players don't play until they retire either, chess is rapidly getting younger. It's interesting to look at poker stars statistics by age, who plays at what age.

A

Avangart1

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think there is no age limit here