Uninstalling and Installing

Mr.Flushee

Mr.Flushee

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So i have a question here, I really want to play at a couple of different poker websites but my virtual memory is getting kinda low. So i was wondering if i just uninstall poker website for a couple of hours install a different one for awhile than so on etc. i could probaly have two poker sites at one time. But Ive heard that it still eats up the memory of your computer is this true?

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So i have a question here, I really want to play at a couple of different poker websites but my virtual memory is getting kinda low. So i was wondering if i just uninstall poker website for a couple of hours install a different one for awhile than so on etc. i could probaly have two poker sites at one time. But Ive heard that it still eats up the memory of your computer is this true?
Sorry man. That's not how a computer works. LOL

I'm gonna assume you are getting the "Virtual memory is getting low" message in Windows XP. Virtual memory is a sort of overflow memory that is temporarily stored on your hard drive. So that means you can increase the size of your virtual memory with some simple settings within Windows. Also, you can speed up your computer and make it run more efficiently by getting rid of unnecessary programs that run in the backgrounds that you don't need. Both of these tasks require some savvy. Do a search at Microsoft.com for the virtual memory changes. Then examine your task manager to see what you have running and do some Yahoo searches for a few of those programs that you may be able to get rid of.

The tasks are somewhat simple, but they just take some steps. It is too difficult to fully explain them here and care needs to be taken to do them correctly so as to not cancel important programs. Find the correct info from the sources I gave you and you should be able to correctly fix your problem.

Cheers and good luck.

vixenx78

vixenx78

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well you can clean up your virtual memory in control panel
you can also clean it by removing programs you dont need
Run a registry fix for any programs that you have removed but registry keys are still there.
I play on up to 5 poker sites at the one time, all running and in tours at times.
It also depends on how old your computer it is.
I wouldnt uninstall and install programs.
First
Run a defrag of your system
Run a registry clean up
Remove all cookies and temp files
And if you have any prob check online on a search of "virtual memory"
THere is a site i used to have that tells you how to increase it, and its step by step,,, thats ages ago i have a newer computer with high drive now.
I hope this helped