Unbelievably weak

ben_rhyno

ben_rhyno

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all,
recently I've made a few failed deposits on full tilt, and 1 on unabomber (failed meaning went bust), just having bad runs on $1 and $2 sng's, i know i'm running real bad after $75 worth of deposits across these sites, but now i've started playing scared. I'm afraid to raise off the button with marginal hands like Q10s incase i get reraised and have to lay it down, or i'm just open folding KQs from late position because i don't feel right about it, yet may decide to shove my stack later on with 56s or 78s. If I hit on the flop TPTK or 2 pair, and the LAG maniac shoves the blank turn, i can't help but fold, and they'll show me a bluff, or a worse hand than my own. However before this, I could see through a bluff and call down with middle pair or hit a draw and extract value, but nothing seems to be hitting. I think i'm running bad, playing bad and lost all confidence, and have went from being an aggressive, confident winning player, to a weak passive loser. My ROI on sharkscope for full tilt is now negative when it was between 1-3% before (which is small i know, but better than -%). What do others do when faced with a problem like this. I've went to stars now with a $20 deposit so that if i drop below $15 i can play in the 10c and 25c MTSnG's.
Also one other thing, if i play HU SnG's which I used to be really good at, I've gotten into the strategy of checking EVERY flop on my (big blind/deal?) and giving up if i miss, even with what could be the best hand like a low PP or high Ace. I'm really not doing well at the moment and need to change things up, my question to you is, HOW?

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play shorter sessions whilst losing. - Mentally you are never in a good place when on a losing streak so playing shorter sessions helps with focus.

Spend longer analysing hands. - If you lose/win a hand, you need to focus more on "was it played well" rather than "did I win it" . Analysing hands helps you to make more good decisions and gives you the confidence to dismiss losses when you made the right play.

Perhaps deposit more in one go so you are not always towards the bottom end of your BR. Again its a psychological thing.

ben_rhyno

ben_rhyno

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks very much, instead of 3 $15 deposits, just make 1 $45 deposit?
Definitely shorter sessions and analysis are musts for me.Thanks for your advice