Can u make a living on Free rolls and the winnings off of them

Deco

Deco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can people stop saying yes!:mad:

"yes you can build a bankroll from freerolls therefore you can make a living from them"

By this logic if I won £10 on the lottery, then deposited it into pokerstars and build it into a roll I could make a living from, would I be making a living from the lottery?:rolleyes:

jdeliverer

jdeliverer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can people stop saying yes!:mad:

"yes you can build a bankroll from freerolls therefore you can make a living from them"

By this logic if I won £10 on the lottery, then deposited it into pokerstars and build it into a roll I could make a living from, would I be making a living from the lottery?:rolleyes:

No, but you would be making money from "the lottery and the winnings off of it", which is what this thread is about.

ander

ander

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wait..What..make a living.....What?....waaa?

imasquare

imasquare

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
can you make a living off freerolls? i say yes, i might be wrong but i remember watching some commercials on tv about donating as little as $1 to feed a kid in africa for a whole week, so imagine if that kid got a laptop and started freeroll whoring in every site, he could freeroll for a living, now that's the good life. so imagine what a homeless guy can also accomplish for himself.

Infamous1020

Infamous1020

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
can you make a living off freerolls? i say yes, i might be wrong but i remember watching some commercials on tv about donating as little as $1 to feed a kid in africa for a whole week, so imagine if that kid got a laptop and started freeroll whoring in every site, he could freeroll for a living, now that's the good life. so imagine what a homeless guy can also accomplish for himself.

lol okay so if you live in a 3rd world country maybe..

but in america/any country that has a fairly high standard of living then no absolutely not. You spend 5 hours playing a freeroll and get like 10 dollars. no way you can make a living off that lol

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Can I make a living off of freerolls?" is like asking if you can live off a handful of seeds.
As is, they're just a small snack. But put some work and time and nurturing into them and you can grow a small crop. Let that crop go to seed instead of harvesting, and then you'll have more seeds. Repeat until you have enough seeds to fill enough acres and then you can finally be self sufficient.
So yeah, in the end you'll have enough seeds to have a crop that you can live off of, but the initial stake is maybe .25% of what you'll need. So really, the sustainability will be from the 99.75% (probably more) of your bankroll that you got from playing money games.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Win enough from freerolls to grind $5 sngs :)

T

TIGERSTUMP

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if u make a living playin in freerolls ,,u should end up writing a book on the subject ,,lol gd luk to ye

P

perry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on what you call a living ?

My advise, for what its worth - get a life

TexasPokerStar

TexasPokerStar

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
You could if...

If you played the $5,000 freerolls, and only 150 or 300 players signed up for them...

and you land in the top 18 places every time you played them...

and if you used the winnings from that to play the cash games, and other tournaments using the bankroll management rules or 5% for cash games... and 2% for MTT.

but then if you wanted to withdraw money from your account, it would have to be about 30-25% of your bankroll so you can keep making money with the money you got on your bankroll... and that might take a few weeks depending on how good you are...

Best of Luck at the Tables ;-)

begley01

begley01

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always laugh when this topic comes up. If you could win enough free rolls to make a good profit then you should be good enough to beat $5-$10 tournaments. Low tournaments have a field and payout that are drastically more profitable for your time.

L

lillebusy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls can be difficult

I think by their very nature freerolls are quite difficult to win. Many of them are turbo tournaments with thousands of players. Its one way to build a bankroll and learn some lessons, but I don't think its the most time-efficient way to either learn the game or earn money.

keaton

keaton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you could make a nice amount of extra income from freerolls. However, It would be had to make a living from them. There are less and less sites offering good freerolls, and they are cutting back on them.

bodog had a $1000 dollar freeroll every night. It has raised to $1500 after Gold won the ME. Now they cut it to $500. They have that tourny 3 times a day, now.

Also, I would go through the private tourny lobbies on each site to see who offers freerolls. This is how I found cardschat,on Full Tilt, while looking for a PokerRoad.com $500 freeroll. All I had to due was sign up for their newsletter.

NewLucker

NewLucker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many started with freerolls and reach the limits of good, I also play the pokertime, but there is very poor rakeback!

J

jamesdenson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well this is what I am gonna attempt. Right now I don't qualify for the cardschat freerolls but I will play the bodog freerolls and I have a few days left on IronDuke for their daily 500 dollar first deposit free rolls. I also play rounders radio free rolls. Ill post here everyday on how I am doing. At this time I have no money on any sites. I do have some first time deposit free rolls on pokertime and ironduke and alot of player points on jolly roger. I play on some weird sites huh. Well anyway wish me luck and any advice fee free to post. Thanks everyone
sounds like you could use some br management like me. not good to lose your deposit before your 14 day daily first depositor freerolls are up. but gl in your venture.