TV Poker

M

marauders4

Enthusiast
Joined
Jul 26, 2005
Total posts
59
Chips
0
Watching the circuit event and realized that some of the online bull Sh%% happens in real life events.

Just a recap:
Some guy goes in with A4
Hachem calls with Pocket Kings
Next player Lee Watkinson folds pocket queens. *Note
Last player goes all in with Jacks.

(At least thought the kings held up)

But here is my question
Everyone who watched it will now what I am talking about but Joe Hachem after Lee Watkinson thought about calling told him to fold. Hachem said he figured Lee had queens.

Why would you tell someone to fold a weaker hand?
(Maybe their friends??? A professional thing??? or maybe less hands against him?)

2nd Question- Do you listen to a professional poker player who tells you to fold your hand because he says he has you beat?

Jonathon
(Im kinda of scatterbrained right now but tons of questions popped into my mind.1)
 
C

cleansafe

Guest
Joined
Apr 9, 2006
Total posts
30
Chips
0
the show on right before this one hasd some one go call an all in with a 62h
against qq. guess who won. 62 won with a flush on the river
 
wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Joined
Apr 17, 2006
Total posts
2,425
Chips
0
1st Question- Hachem is an extremely nice guy?/it's a professional thing?/he's friends with everyone? One, all, or none of the above. I'm not sure what's going through the head.

2nd Question- I would listen to what my cards tell me.
 
Tammy

Tammy

Administrator
Administrator
Joined
May 18, 2005
Total posts
52,824
Awards
10
US
Chips
1,003
Have you guys seen this Ricky Zilem kid? He's been playing for 9 months and thinks he's a pro. Playing like a lucky donkey and putting people on tilt when he hits on the river. Pescatori labeled him "The Rivermaker". :p
 
F

Freakakanus

Legend
Joined
Mar 26, 2005
Total posts
3,349
Chips
0
juiceeQ said:
Have you guys seen this Ricky Zilem kid? He's been playing for 9 months and thinks he's a pro. Playing like a lucky donkey and putting people on tilt when he hits on the river. Pescatori labeled him "The Rivermaker". :p
Typical internet dork that lucked out and made the final table. Sure he had to beat the rest of the field to get there blah blah blah......but he played like a complete arrogant ass. I for one would be really quite and respectful to the pro's if I was LUCKY enough to get there but he's acting like he's god's gift to poker. What a dick!
 
Tammy

Tammy

Administrator
Administrator
Joined
May 18, 2005
Total posts
52,824
Awards
10
US
Chips
1,003
Freakakanus said:
Typical internet dork that lucked out and made the final table. Sure he had to beat the rest of the field to get there blah blah blah......but he played like a complete arrogant ass. I for one would be really quite and respectful to the pro's if I was LUCKY enough to get there but he's acting like he's god's gift to poker. What a dick!
My husband Matt said he needs his arse kicked. :p
 
F

Freakakanus

Legend
Joined
Mar 26, 2005
Total posts
3,349
Chips
0
juiceeQ said:
My husband Matt said he needs his arse kicked. :p
If I were Pescatori, I would have bitch slapped him for #1. making that jackass call and #2. winning the damn hand!
 
G

GreatDane

Guest
Joined
Jul 11, 2006
Total posts
15
Chips
0
Sometimes you might tell them simply to increase the margin of your cards holding.

As a more extreme version :-
If 2 players were all in pre-flop and one flips over kings and the other queens, I bet you if the guy with kings has a similar or smaller stack size then he would quite happily pay the guy with QQ to guarantee the win (if it were allowed)

Example
Both players are all in for 10k
Conversation after cards flipped but no cards on board:-
KK:- I'll give you 2.5k and we say i win
QQ:- OK, sounds good to me

:turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle:
 
Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Joined
Mar 26, 2005
Total posts
13,414
Chips
0
marauders4 said:
Why would you tell someone to fold a weaker hand?

I'm guessing that he wanted the call, even if he put him on QQ. Kind of reverse pyschology.
 
Top