Try to calm me down.

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cant say anything except.... daaaaaaaaaamn!!!!!!!!!!

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
Maybe it will help to calm you down some statistics about bad beads:

1. It happens to All of us and is a result of the "Variance" imply in randomly generated outcomes.

2. Sometimes you will be on the other end of the game, meaning sometimes you will win hands when someone else holds the "Nuts".

3. Either way Poker is the best entertaining options compared with say slots ( No way to win).

4. :dancing::alien::beer::ridinghor:dancing2:

D

dkb15

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do play with scared money maybe I should change my tactic

Nikka18

Nikka18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you should change you moves. Switch it up a bit. You seem like you get nervous when you're playing

seeyouthru

seeyouthru

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do have data to support this? Are they getting it in with what percentage? Trying to figure out how they are winning 80% of the time with what percentage to win the hand. If those 80% include a 50% plus chance to win then that is a little different story. If it is similar to the example you posted, K Rag off suit hitting a flush, then I'm having hard time seeing that. Really goes against what I see at the tables.
Let me tell you why i am saying this.
I had KQ i raised preflop.
Proper noob called with Q4 flop comes QQ8 and turn 4.
I was there with the best of the kicker and variance happened.

seeyouthru

seeyouthru

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you should change you moves. Switch it up a bit. You seem like you get nervous when you're playing
What else can you do with premium?
Play as aggresive as you can.

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems odd but that is poker. Or maybe intranet poker...

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yesterday on the 2K EPT freeroll in pokerstars i limped with Kh9h and got flop K910 rainbow. I pushed aggressively and my allin was paid by person with more chips than me. He had QJ and had the straight right on the flop just like me with my 2 pairs. Finally i got crushed but i am not mad and i don't think that i made anything wrong. Sometimes such bad beats just happen.

I also tried to make some statistics for my own MTT play taking notes how many times bad beat is in my favor and how many against me. Up to now for 25 tournaments i have 6 in my favor and 9 against me. Considering that i try to play tight with relatively good hands most of the time which means that having bad beat in my favor is more unlikely than bad beat against me i consider this good result.

Regarding the bad beats which costs serious amount of money - well this shows only bad bankroll management. If you invest 50% or even more of your bankroll in a single game (hence depending on a single hand at some stage) you look more like a gambler than a conscious poker player. I understand the pure human will to quickly raise your level and play with the pros but in my opinion strict bankroll management is the key to be successful player which will be ahead in a long run so we should try to control our emotions.

Finally - there are some days when the game is not with you. If you see you are loosing too much just stop for the day, get some rest and come back tomorrow stronger.

Edit:
Just one more thing. One of the strong sides of the poker is that there is element of luck involved which sometimes allow bad players to win over good ones. If poker was purely based on skills it would be something like chess and would be far less popular. When watching live stream of main poker event people remember the crazy hands and not the regular ones and this is completely normal. Play, try to constantly improve your game, try to have good bankroll management and in a long run you would be winner. Good luck on the tables. :)

Last edited:
makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
The aces, maybe the strongest pair, but it can lead you to the biggest defeats! It happens because most players ovelvalue this pair. A pair is just a pair and do not hesitate to fold it when you "smell" bad results!

L

lxr0913

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Getting someone to shove a hand 20% percent to win is a +EV in the long run. I'll take those odds and say nice hand when I lose. Hoping to get more of those type of calls.

you are just talking to yourself now. say this to Afleck: 'your aces will win in long run'

let me ask you this: how much money your aces won for you vs how much money they lose for you? i bet it is not 70% percent more.

your 'EV' and 'math' are only valid when you have an infinity of hands.

C

Chewfulitsch

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It definitely helps reading people's bad beats! My area of expertise is getting rivered while being ahead on all streets. I keep telling myself that if you don't put your best hands forward there is no chance to win big. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't...'beauty' of poker!

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you are just talking to yourself now. say this to Afleck: 'your aces will win in long run'

let me ask you this: how much money your aces won for you vs how much money they lose for you? i bet it is not 70% percent more.

your 'EV' and 'math' are only valid when you have an infinity of hands.

When I ran my hand history there was only one hand I lost money on, it was A Q. Looking at those hands, I was playing that hand to strong in early position. Was an easy adjustment. Had I not ran that query, might not have known for long time. On both PS and FTP both AA and KK were 78 and 76 percent winner respectively. How much money did they win, it was +EV.

My responses represent on how I approach poker. As far as A A winning in the long run, that should be assumed by any poker player. If you can't figure out a way to isolate a hand to give the best percentage to win, especially when it has been a losing hand, then maybe all have is to be mad. Have no comment on Afleck, or how he plays hands or goes broke on certain hands. Someone else mentioned BRM, I'd have to agree. Poor way to manage a bankroll losing it on a few hands.

If you're solution to handling the way you approach poker is through the last session you played, then that works for you. Good luck at the tables and I wish all the best in future sessions.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Let me tell you why i am saying this.
I had KQ i raised preflop.
Proper noob called with Q4 flop comes QQ8 and turn 4.
I was there with the best of the kicker and variance happened.

Don't you want someone making this type of call?

KQ.png

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You know what they say about AA.. that they win small pots and they lose big ones. Even AA isn't guaranteed to win. It's just one pair and you aren't drawing to a lot. I would have gotten it in like you, but it always stinks when it doesn't go your way :(. The more people in the hand, the more likely someone will hit a hand that beats one pair, unfortunately, which is why they say to isolate with it.. which you did do, but in a game like that it seems people are there to gamble and not actually play any type of sound poker (it's more like playing bingo IMO). If hands like this never happened, then the fish would never play. Its hands like you described in the OP that keep 'em coming back. Better luck next time, reload and keep getting it in good.
This would be a good thread to have posted in the Brags, Beats, and Challenges section (https://www.cardschat.com/forum/poker-goals-challenges-wins-46/).

mm maksik

mm maksik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don’t worry, be happy! Just play!)))

L

lxr0913

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When I ran my hand history there was only one hand I lost money on, it was A Q. Looking at those hands, I was playing that hand to strong in early position. Was an easy adjustment. Had I not ran that query, might not have known for long time. On both PS and FTP both AA and KK were 78 and 76 percent winner respectively. How much money did they win, it was +EV.

My responses represent on how I approach poker. As far as A A winning in the long run, that should be assumed by any poker player. If you can't figure out a way to isolate a hand to give the best percentage to win, especially when it has been a losing hand, then maybe all have is to be mad. Have no comment on Afleck, or how he plays hands or goes broke on certain hands. Someone else mentioned BRM, I'd have to agree. Poor way to manage a bankroll losing it on a few hands.

If you're solution to handling the way you approach poker is through the last session you played, then that works for you. Good luck at the tables and I wish all the best in future sessions.

I still think you are only talking about the percentage of HANDS you win with AA, KK etc., not MONEY.

Matt Affleck was busted by a bad beat at wsop main event when he had the chance to become the overwhelming chipleader. He wasn't broke, but he lost his chance to become a poker superstar.

L

lxr0913

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
also, I am not talking about postflop situations. bad beats mean that you get your money in good but lose.

even including postflop actions, I don't believe you win with your AA 70+% more than your opponents. playing poker is to make money. perhaps AA wins most hands for you, but counting the money it wins for you, it simply cannot be 70+% better than it loses.

'In the long run' isn't really a thing, EV and math are not life; they are based on an infinity of hands and nobody plays an infinity of hands. Like I said, if you only manage to get some dumbass go allin with 44 with your KK only once in your entire life, and your KK gets cracked, you are entitled to moan and complain, nothing wrong with it.