Truthfully now...How long

Lemlywinks

Lemlywinks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
and I've been playing online for 2 1/2 years now (1/2 a year as a competent player) and I got my first over $150 just a few days ago

P

PyzeN

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
my biggest win was about 50$, but I should have won much more on this tournament with 1.5k$ pricepool, i was going to cut my christmastree when i had played for 3 hours so i let my friend play for me, and when i got back 30 min later he told me ( i was in top 5 when i left with 40 players left itm is 27) he was knocked out at 28th with aces vs jacks, and that sucked

T

telboy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been playing since 2005. I had a few decent payouts in MTTs at Empire Poker in Jan/Feb/March in 2007 which worked out about 4-5 Thousand dollors per month then I coudn't win nothing big at all

I have been playing on Full Tilt since Feb 2007 with not a great deal of sucess. losing $50 here and there.

I deposited yet another $50 last Nov 2008 and went down to $20.

Then I really studied my game and where i thought i was going wrong.
I deposited $100 on Full Tilt on Christmas day and since then i've got on a few Final tables and built my bank roll up to $400

Then yesterday morning 3rd Jan i came 2nd in one of the $26 double stack
MTTs and won $1677. I just hope I can keep it up

iMaGiN.

iMaGiN.

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My biggest win was probably somewhere close to $900 where I took down I'm pretty sure it was either a $22 or $30 something Heads Up Tournament. It was outta 200 some people, don't remember big details.

C

chrisdione

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is very difficult to say how long it should take you to have a major cash. There are a lot of factors that go into that one. I didn't have a major cash my first couple of years but I was just playing the cards and not the people at the table or the position I was sitting in. I was not learning from my mistakes either.You must learn and remember what you did or did not do in the last few tournies to be able to advance each and every time you play no matter what stakes you play at.Hope you have better luck and if you keep playing it will come faster than you think now that you have all this help.

A-RAG

A-RAG

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My first major cash was within a week of starting playing Texas Holdem some 12 years ago. Made final table in a $11 buyin some 600 plus players I forget how much I made. All I did was raise when I had any of top ten starting hands and continued too bet no matter what. LOL got lucky in that one but was soon to find that strategy was depeply flawed.

T

telboy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I posted yesterday saying that I had a good win on Full Tilt and i hope i could keep it up.

Well I won a $26.00 Sat for the $750K Tourney on full Tilt last night and won $781.60 . I might get to be a Poker Pro yet