Trash talking

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
CC events when I know players I leave the chat on, any other time, I turn it off, talking in online poker games is a distraction & a waste of time.
hi hi
i agree with Kenzie also... i play a lot on pokerstars with the Russians and Brazilians... here is an example of a chat conversation

me: hi, GL to everyone lets all have fun!
russian1: shut the F up you sl*t
russian2: shut up you c*nt and play cards

i changed avatar (was my own picture) and cancel all chat... so these mean people don't hurt my feelings ... calling me donkey, fish, moron, fool, idiot, etc no matter if you win or lose

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi hi
i agree with Kenzie also... i play a lot on PokerStars with the Russians and Brazilians... here is an example of a chat conversation

i changed avatar (was my own picture) and cancel all chat... so these mean people don't hurt my feelings ... calling me donkey, fish, moron, fool, idiot, etc no matter if you win or lose

Hi
Why did you include Brazilians? And Russians?
Don´t you see some americans, french or Englishmen talking sh,,t?
Come on don´t say that all people from some nationality are like this or that
Be respectful not like that small % of idiots
Period!!!

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

I like to trash talk. People think they should go against the percentages and probabilities when they come across a trash talker. Really its a set up like any other set up. The always losing donkey or nerd. They should win thier percentages too. It really is the difference between a good player and a great player. I guess people get mad because now women will be in the thick of things. Anything goes in poker and true bringing down a trash talker is gratifying. Is it gratifying if you need to use some cheat sheet or cheat method.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
While I agree it is just small % of the Poker players from these countries engage in this disgusting behaviour unfortunately it is true what she says. Around 90% of the time this happens to me it is someone from one of these two countries.

Americans and French cannot not play on pokerstars.com client which is the room I play on mostly.
Hi
Why did you include Brazilians? And Russians?
Don´t you see some americans, french or Englishmen talking sh,,t?
Come on don´t say that all people from some nationality are like this or that
Be respectful not like that small % of idiots
Period!!!

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Try not to let it get to you or affect your game.

I keep my chat on because there a good nice descent players out there that chatting to is fun but I do understand if someone just turns their chat off there are a lot of mean persons out there. I report all instances of foul chat to Stars. These fouled mouthed players should not ruin the experience for everyone

hi hi
i agree with Kenzie also... i play a lot on PokerStars with the Russians and Brazilians... here is an example of a chat conversation

B

Blakepc91

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have seen trash talking time to time but I never understand why you would go off on a worse player. The last thing you ever want to do is tell the worse players how bad their play was cause that only makes them better. You should instead sit back and reap the rewards like the smarter players do.

Destruct51

Destruct51

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not much Anymore

In my Pokerstars dayz I would regularily voice my opinion, but play ACR now and with huds and such chat is irrelevant. :(

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Grrr... Player named Dinoguy540 @PokerStars totally threw me last night with trash talk... I couldn't believe the rubbish that came out of that Canadian player, don't get me wrong most Canadian players are so polite and with good manors but this one seemed child like almost adolescent with serious attitude... It tilted me and I had to log off due to the sheer rage I felt and that normally never ever happens... Haha [emoji23] if I was living next door to him some one would go missing and it would never happen again [emoji16] but the world is not perfect and I'm sure trash talk will be just as dangerous to your mind set tomorrow as it is today

Hi There
As i said in my reply in this thread thats a small % of players from different countries that
are not worth one gram of atention
Just dont care what they say or type
Keep on playing your game
Rgds

HobokenNJ

HobokenNJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never trash talk. If I'm going to say something, I would make a positive or neutral comment. "nh" "wow" "the weather sucks today." etc. I'd much prefer a friendly table, then an aggressive spiteful table.

If someone at the table is trash talking, even if its not directed at me, I am quick to block them. I don't need the negativity.

This is a game. Let's enjoy ourselves.

TheBandit

TheBandit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As a Brazilian American I take offense to that. You should be better than that. Just saying

hi hi

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always ignore chat as it distracts from the game and can stop you to achieve your goal.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the ACR freerolls theres always trashtalkers. Which I find hilarious. I get a lot of flak because I have the word "sexy" in my name which is even more hilarious. I love having the chat on , it's entertainment at it's finest. If I find that a trash talker is trying a bit to hard to ruin someone's day , I will troll that person until I get felted or until they decide to block my chat.

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't talk much prefer to concentrate on the game.:):):)

M

Manifestor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, it is better not to make a mess, it only distracts, maybe in a live game it will somehow help, but not online.

Erpherk

Erpherk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
players don't talk to much at the tables online, it is rare but sometimes it happens. I'm personally not much of a trash talker but i may give a needle on occasion. When i do get trash talked i embrace it and laugh. I was playing a tourney and this player kept saying "This guy dont got a clue" and i say something like "who? lets get em!" Knowing he is talking about me cause i was raising every hand. Good times.

toni_brasco

toni_brasco

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I did not notice that people chating much in online poker.I always leave the chat on, it's really a fun when you see some frustrated comments when people loosing the hands, and even sometimes had a good chats when i was chating with a guy who left our country and under the other country's flag was speaking to me croatian.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't socialize when I play poker...maximum - smile...

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't care what somebody is writing in the chat generally. If someone is too abusive i just turn off the chat.

XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I always disable chat online. Its not worth the stress of dealing with rage of tilted players or people trying to intimidate you. Just focus on action at the table and tour play.

vox1er

vox1er

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always keep the chat closed ,regardless of the game.

dzemer

dzemer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've just turned off my chat about 2 years ago because i dont nedd it. Earlier i saw a lot of trash talking and bad language because someone was better player or worse player. People should be mad for themselves if they loosing not for others. Peace and Love :D

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Online do you come across a lot of trash talking? Do you trash talk? I have been known to call someone out when they just throttle someone or me especially. Sometimes it helps sometimes it makes things worse. Let me know what you think... The_Bandit
I never trash talk, what is the point and if I see it happening I may say something if it is getting to hurtfull to the other person.

petshpe

petshpe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never look at chat tab, why would I ? :D

B

Bward29

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The faster the game the less time tilted players have to trash talk. Speeding up the game might help, but if they talk trash in a $10 freeroll then they just have issues.