pedrovitorcosta

pedrovitorcosta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Unfortunately today I had a bad experience on Cardschat that I would like to share.

Lately I have been trying not to play tournaments that may affect my bankroll, going through a bad time without a head for the game, but I decided to play today's freeroll, without stressing myself just for fun.

Tournament was cool, I played good hands until at some point me and another player were involved in the hand, and a check raise (basic play) I won a hand which yielded a friendly chat conversation, a player that had nothing to do with the hand started to criticize me for being a Brazilian, saying that Brazilians don't have a fold button, and that Brazilians are crazy and bla bla bla ....
This really upset me, the fact that someone is from anywhere doesn't interfere with the person's gameplay,
I know how to play and I pass like many others through good and bad moments like any poker player.
So this is more of an alert, try not to be a xenophobic as this will bring you many problems in life ...

And if you were that toxic person at the table, I'm happy to have met you, after all, in this same tournament, you ended up leaving about 10 hands later, and I ended up winning the tournament ...
I must thank you for the motivation. =)

H

HungryLyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I kind of laugh when that happens to me. I just say nothing on table and I know if I did say something that is what they want. So they can start annoying me more and more. Best thing I continue to play with blocking their chats.

PokStorm

PokStorm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It happens. It's not cool but it happens. These are people who must live badly... :banghead:
and you have just shown that this did not affect your game, on the contrary in view of the result.
Bravo to you, i support you in your gesture and "Down with Xenofobia".

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Unfortunately today I had a bad experience on Cardschat that I would like to share.

Lately I have been trying not to play tournaments that may affect my bankroll, going through a bad time without a head for the game, but I decided to play today's freeroll, without stressing myself just for fun.

Tournament was cool, I played good hands until at some point me and another player were involved in the hand, and a check raise (basic play) I won a hand which yielded a friendly chat conversation, a player that had nothing to do with the hand started to criticize me for being a Brazilian, saying that Brazilians don't have a fold button, and that Brazilians are crazy and bla bla bla ....
This really upset me, the fact that someone is from anywhere doesn't interfere with the person's gameplay,
I know how to play and I pass like many others through good and bad moments like any poker player.
So this is more of an alert, try not to be a xenophobic as this will bring you many problems in life ...

And if you were that toxic person at the table, I'm happy to have met you, after all, in this same tournament, you ended up leaving about 10 hands later, and I ended up winning the tournament ...
Congrats on the win.

Criticizing isn't that bad, it lets you know the mindset of the criticizer, it's also the first sign of someone starting to tilt, use it to your advantage if possible, if it becomes abusive in CC games take a screenshot of the offending chat and post it in the game thread and also send it to Tammy, the forum rules extend to all of the CardsChat games.

:top:

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

need to sit less in chat and read criticism from other players
more attention to the table and these players who say a lot but do little[emoji854][emoji854][emoji854][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

8infinity8

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Things like these definitely affect me. So I prefer to turn off my chat, which is an option at the poker rooms I play. But is missing is many of the major poker rooms. I would like them to add these as there are no moderators or dealers to see these behaviors. People in live poker doesn't say most of those things they type as they wont face any consequences. When unavoidable, I try to think what if a player said those things in person during live poker. How would I handle it, and I do the same. I wont reply to them in person. Same applies to online poker. I dont reply and focus on the game.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Turn off the chat..

First rule of poker: if you don't know who you are playing with, turn off the chat. Some players love to chat more than they love to play poker. If chat has potential to affect your game, simple answer: turn off the chat.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that our freerolls are a great motivation for each members of our community. As for criticism from opponents, I just do not pay attention to such things. It is better to always be focused on your own decisions.

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when I play-there is no time not only to answer but also to read.Of course there are players who for various reasons are trying to someone sadegat. But such people are also found in our daily life..And if you Express my opinion, I get nervous when there is a long correspondence at the table.

F

freeisfun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's the internet this is were toxic people live and breed lol. You just gotta ignore negative comments.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey.
You have a great attitude towards the game and your opponents. You should not pay attention to unfounded criticism that does not affect a specific game moment. Good reasoned criticism helps improve your game.

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It happens to me often. I think you just can ignore him or answer with good works, it sometimes works.
Once I was in a tourney, I made a trap and take a lot of chips from another player. Than he started to call me a bad player , a fish, that I didn't know about bet sizes and more. I answered that I knew exactly what I was doing in that hand. This made him furious and he started to play like a maniac and get out of the tourney. But he continued talking in the chat. Then he said that I was thinking he was a bad player and started to talk about all he knew poker theory. I just answered that I thought he was a good player, but was just rude. And that he needed to work in his mindset. He didn't talk anything more.

Congrats on the win.

Criticizing isn't that bad, it lets you know the mindset of the criticizer, it's also the first sign of someone starting to tilt, use it to your advantage if possible,

:top:

It's exactly what I think. Take a note!

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
You've received some good tips in the replies above...

Firstly, it's astute to remember that poker is a mental game and your opponents will always try to get in your head and affect your decision making, whether it's through their action at the table or speech play.

You'll do well to remain unaffected and calm, regardless of what anyone does or says at the table.

If someone is being abusive in a cardschat game- take screenshots, report one of their posts explaining why you are reporting them and pm the pictures to a moderator.

If you can't or don't want to do any of the above- turn off chat.

If there isn't an option to turn off chat, cover the chatbox with a piece of paper or a book.

Ultimately in life, you have to take the rough with the smooth- if you want to have happy, pleasant conversations at the table, you will have to sometimes put up with ones which are less so.

I agree with you though, treating someone differently because of where they are from is wrong. It's called racism. It's why my cardschat ignore list has a solitary name on it. I never wanted to ignore anyone here, sometimes people give you no choice.

My time at cardschat has been much happier since that decision was taken.. :biggrin:

If you would like to identify which member that person was; go to quick links, member list, search, advanced search, then add their poker username to the correct field (which poker site it was) and hit search.

Finally, congrats on the win! :five:

:wink:

Last edited:
Patoamz95

Patoamz95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the world there are people of all kinds who will insult you for being Brazilian like me for being Argentine or a Russian for being Russian and so on, etc. the important thing is not to give him a ball and in any case if their insults affect your game, send a report to pokerstars or the client you play, or you silence him from the chat and voila, I congratulate you for winning that tournament !!

007Leon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
annoing

thay are totally anoing, specially from certain countries, but, i guess is part that your expertice, iss not easy, is very dificult, but if you want to be a real good player, i mean, rentable player, you have to know how to dominate this toxic players, and anything that could be adverse.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
As said above, you cannot pay attention to racist comments made by certain players. They are irrelevant anyway. Turning the chat off is not the ideal solution in my opinion. Sometimes you get valuable info from it.

Thiagon

Thiagon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I usually leave chat and animations off to avoid losing concentration with any discussions.
There are many boring players, who like to riot.
Even when chat is enabled, I ignore the messages and just focus on the game.
The issue of prejudice against Brazilians is normal. European thing.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to simply ignore the chat because due to the nature of online game many people tell things that otherwise they would not tell in live game.

alienat3d

alienat3d

easy-going alien grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Although Cardschat is the friendliest and the best poker community, sometimes it's hard to figure, what kind of person has joined us. It can be a really nasty person with straw in his head, who pretended for a while to be a good one on the forum and earned an access to Freeroll Club.

I'm glad, that you took it as the Man and didn't react on those racist bullshit and stood focused. But actually I would not really accept this in our small community of Freeroll Club members. Next time anybody says something abusive, racist, sexist or behaving in any other inadmissible form. Please make a screenshot and send it to any of the Guides or Moderators.

Also send this screenshot to support@pokerstars.eu.
Pokerstars.eu said:
Reporting verbal abuse and/or stalking in the chat

Any player can sit at any table, however, players are not allowed to follow another player from table to table to harass, abuse, intimidate or intentionally disrupt the game.

• If a player is verbally abusing you, use the features available to report the chat. Include a copy of the Stars ID and chat you wish to report.
  • If you feel you have been stalked repeatedly over a two-week period, send us the Stars ID of the player you are reporting and the approximate dates and times.
We'll start an investigation where players provide us examples of repeated and concerted attempts of stalking over a period of time.

I think we all really need to be aware of such things and "purging the ranks". As they say: "one rotten apple will spoil a whole barrel".

I strongly believe, that people who can't stay friendly and respectful at Cardschat games, shall be warned and if they repeat such behavior - excluded from playing in those at least for a couple of months. Then if they do learn nothing, excluded from FRC forever.

By reporting such cases you will make our community much better. We don't need hateful and disrespectful individuals among us and they shall be excluded from all benefits, that Cardschat provides.

pedrovitorcosta

pedrovitorcosta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Perfect suggestion, I didn't really do the report because I didn't want to lose focus and ignoring it for me was the best option, but next time I'll do it for sure.

Although Cardschat is the friendliest and the best poker community, sometimes it's hard to figure, what kind of person has joined us. It can be a really nasty person with straw in his head, who pretended for a while to be a good one on the forum and earned an access to Freeroll Club.

I'm glad, that you took it as the Man and didn't react on those racist bullshit and stood focused. But actually I would not really accept this in our small community of Freeroll Club members. Next time anybody says something abusive, racist, sexist or behaving in any other inadmissible form. Please make a screenshot and send it to any of the Guides or Moderators.

Also send this screenshot to support@pokerstars.eu.

I think we all really need to be aware of such things and "purging the ranks". As they say: "one rotten apple will spoil a whole barrel".

I strongly believe, that people who can't stay friendly and respectful at Cardschat games, shall be warned and if they repeat such behavior - excluded from playing in those at least for a couple of months. Then if they do learn nothing, excluded from FRC forever.

By reporting such cases you will make our community much better. We don't need hateful and disrespectful individuals among us and they shall be excluded from all benefits, that Cardschat provides.

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is bad to be criticized, I have already had bad times at poker tables, where the critic's only intention was to make me lose my head, and unfortunately he did.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The toxicity of players comes from their lack of knowledge of the basics of the game, which is based on the principle of mutual respect and battle of wits.

EmiTou

EmiTou

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Friend, I hope that situation has not offended you, it is true there are toxic players but I think that they do it so that you lower the level of your game since they are not at your level of competition. Successful Brazilian brother and congratulations on winning the tournament.

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

There is no shortage of idiots in this world...just know that you are the bigger person.