Totally CHEATING!

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me I do check OPR on a regular basis.

What I find it does for me is... when I see someone with a massive chipstack and calling with zero and hitting early in a tourny, it helps me to be patient. If I know they are on nothing more but a lucky streak it keeps you focused.

I do not think it is cheating.

The reason I think this is that everyone can do this. It can only be cheating if someone is doing something that no one elso can.

D

DEVILRAISE

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok one more time for everyone that is not hearing what im saying. I dont care if someone goes out of their way to look up my stats(more power to them) I am talking about a stats program like edge or scope that actually comes into the game with you and floats next to the entire table giving every stat available. its horse chit and its CHEATING! with an unfair advantage

Effexor

Effexor

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok one more time for everyone that is not hearing what im saying. I dont care if someone goes out of their way to look up my stats(more power to them) I am talking about a stats program like edge or scope that actually comes into the game with you and floats next to the entire table giving every stat available. its horse chit and its CHEATING! with an unfair advantage

I agree, with a caveat. Any stats obtained from games that you were not involved in is cheating, but stat programs like pokertracker is not cheating. It's just a database of hands that you were involved in. You could spend the time and effort to keep these stats with a paper and pencil if you were obsessive compulsive enough.

LeanAndMean

LeanAndMean

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always think it is an advantage for people to label me a bad player. I usually tell them I am a bad player. (Prob the truth!!) If they think I am bad they can't tell what I have because I am unpredictable. What do you mean, they "bomb" you?

ythelongface

ythelongface

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
stats are great but they dont tell you what the person is doing right there right now in that tourney. the fact that he looks bad according to stats is not necessarily an indication of how they are playing at that moment. i dont see anything wrong with, but to rely on it too much would probably not be the best idea.

C

clammytips

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well i find the cest way to shut them up is put them out.and i know i suc but learning more every day by sucking.so i like the tell on ya sites cause they only tell your past and thats a good thing when your on hot hands.

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Shinedown says he gets this too, but the only time I see people getting razzed for their stats is after they start talking trash. You weren't talking trash, were you Devil? I don't like the results out there for everyone, but they are, so...

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I first started playing online a few months ago, I played primarily cheap SnG's and tournaments, to protect my bankroll and minimize losses while adjusting to the online game. So while my early performance was poor, it was a cheap and valuable learning experience. I soon fell in love with ring games and all but stopped playing tournaments altogether, so my Shark and OPR stats have improved little from my early days. Shark has me at -4% ROI and OPR has me at -15% ROI, but my cash stats are much more profitable, especially for the last month or so. So I would love for anybody playing me in a cash game to try to use my tourney/sng stats against me. :)

BTW last Sunday I got bored and thought I'd play around with some SnG's and tourneys again for a change. I played 8 total, ranging from a couple 2500+ player tourneys to some 45 & 180 player SnG's. I finished ITM 2/8, including one 1st. ROI for that day was +30%. Maybe in light of this thread I should keep my tourney ROI where it is, to lure some of the stat-whore sharks into a cash game, LOL.

Now this sounds like you have a problem with HUD's, which is a different animal from Shark and OPR stats. HUD's are allowed by virtually all the major sites, and simply automates and display the same stats that you should be keeping up with yourself -- HUD's don't provide you with any secret information.

BTW for awhile Stars banned the use of Shark while playing. Now it seems they may have backed off that or are unsure about it. Technically, being web-based, it would be much harder to detect and enforce, so maybe they gave up on it.

Last edited:
Hynes1986

Hynes1986

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey sometimes these stats used against someone can really strike a nerve... I find it's good to throw an AHole who keeps running their mouth's bad stats in their face... makes them feel like they have something to prove or go on tilt which equals $$$ for good players ;) It's a real borderline dirty trick but hey any edge in poker no matter how small has to be pounced on am i right??

D

DEVILRAISE

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
gigity gigity goooo! yes I guess your all right about the advantage , so I see it in a new perspective now. and thats what life is all about anyway right?...finding the good in the bad? And making lemonade and half full and all that chit....yes!....let them think im a donk, I've been kicking but lately. I'ts just my name I created that messes with people.....haha! at stars it's APOKERPRO4U, haha! worlds greatestpokerplayer was too long. muhahaha! Just like in the movie dune. My name is a tilting word

Snowman1964

Snowman1964

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sit back, relax and offer a thankful prayer to the poker gods that you're not as crap as me.

D

DEVILRAISE

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
youre all basically correct about an advantage on my behalf, thanks for the responses, much appreciated. also im glad that OPR has hidden our ORI's thats a big help and also contacted scope and got them to hide mine. and guess what edge said? NO!...haha!...bastards. thanks again

J

jasonakachase

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldnt worry about your stats that other players see, let them think you are weak then take there chips !

G

glennybob

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
sharke scope sucks donkey d**k its not accurate at all. i scanned myself and the results are way off.
but i do think the idea of people able to fish out bad players and exploit them is good :) however i dont use it myself, but i do check sometimes on bluffmagazine and 1 or 2 others

chapeltuno

chapeltuno

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
reported stats at shark are pretty accurate i have different names on different sites and the reporting is normally spot on. As for looking up other stats its quite helpful in identifying fishes later in the tourney IMO.

T

teksmith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only play cheap SNGs but shark scope is pretty accurate and updates at least daily.