Top books specifically about no limit

B

Bentheman87

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I already have read Harrington on Hold'em V1 and 2, Theory of Poker by Sklansky (not specifically about NL but still very good), Hold'em Poker for Advanced Players by Sklansky and Malmuth (didn't like this one much), Super System (skipped to the last section about NL, good read). Am I missing any good books on NL?

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no i think u have a pretty good library there
maybe u should read the rest of super system and diversify ur game further than holdem
ppl generally dont play the other games well so u can capitalize on that if u know the basic strategies for each game{off topic but i thought i should throw it in}

Boeggs

Boeggs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't forget Harrington on Holdem Volume 3. It tests you on what you learned in volumes I & II and then scores you. I just started reading it last week.

SubT33

SubT33

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't forget Harrington on Holdem Volume 3. It tests you on what you learned in volumes I & II and then scores you. I just started reading it last week.

Does it give you check marks or gold stars?

Boeggs

Boeggs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It scores you and will tell you whether your DONK or PRO material.

SubT33

SubT33

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice. But seriously how do you like it so far?

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
SUBT33
i have a question for u
why do u have a link to the cc home page
dont u think if they are on the forum they know what cc is and they also know that it is the best forum around

Boeggs

Boeggs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the book. It has many case studies many from pro tournaments. You take the place of a certain pro and see how you would play the hand compared to how they played it. You are scored depending on whether you, call, raise, fold, etc. It's well worth the $29.95.

SubT33

SubT33

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bentheman, sorry about hijacking the thread. :deal: (that's a little dude giving you the apology in writing)

SUBT33
i have a question for u
dont u think if they are on the forum they know what cc is and they also know that it is the best forum around

Yeah, on the surface it makes me look like a donk, but I thought I should after I made this post

Another way to promote cardschat.com is to help build backlinks for this site. An example of a backlink is

Chat Poker and Improve Your Game

The anchor text for this backlink is "chat poker improve your game". The more backlinks cardschat.com has with these relevant anchors such as "poker, forum, hold 'em" etc., the better it will rank when someone searches these terms in a major search engine. The higher the rankings, the more people click on cardschat and the bigger and better the community becomes.

So how can you help create backlinks? If you have a blog, or website, maybe include a sitewide link for cardschat.com. You could also become a member of other forums and put a link for cardschat.com in your signature. Even if we all put a link in our sigs here, we could help, as many of these threads have decent pageranks and are indexed by google.

It's all about pagerank in the major search engines. With every link we can give cardschat.com, even if it is on the site itself, we slowly help it rise in the search engine rankings. You have over 1,000 posts, that's over 1,000 backlinks. And you know those threads that you might start with like 15 pages and thousands of views, those pages will become indexed in google and will have pagerank themselves. (sidenote - backlinks originating from pages with higher pagerank mean more in the search engines eyes). I just thought I could show my support.

B

Bentheman87

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cmon there's gotta be more good poker books out there than just the 5 I have, no one has any recommendations?

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For tourneys: Kill Everyone

For cash games: Professinal No-Limit Hold'em

Actually those are just my 2 most recent reads. The Phil Gordon books are also good.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
SUBT33
i have a question for u

hi pantin plz dont make fun of my friend SUBT33 k?

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should probably state if you are playing tournaments or ring games (seems like tournaments to me)-- there have been a bunch of NL ring game books out lately. Saying "What books are specifically about No-Limit" makes it sound like you are playing cash games (which is belied by your reading the HoH series). Frame your question better and you will get better answers.

WVHillbilly's recommendations above are excellent.

Here is my library thread, generally categorized. Of course reading math and theory and general strategy is going to help your game no matter what you play.