t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I thought these were hysterical:

Top 5 Reasons you're ready for the WSOP
Last year the world series of poker had around 2500 players. Five reasons why you should be player 2501:

1) Really, 2500 players is no different from 250 $5 sit and go tournaments at Party, and you money in those, like, all the time.

2) You have a pair of novelty sunglasses that would freak out even Greg Raymer.

3) You have bought every single poker book sold by amazon.com. On top of that, you have serious plans to read some of them. Eventually.

4) They say the wsop is a collection of local champions, and you *bliamba*ing dominate your weekly home game. Of course, there was that time your 8 year old sister checkraised you with a set, and that other time she bluffed you with 9 high, and a few times where you just quit in anger after she cracked the aces you didn't raise preflop with, and that game where you thought you had a flush but your novelty sunglasses caused you to misread your hole cards and last week where you just didn't get any cards, damnit - but other than that, you dominate.

5) The buttoned-down working world just doesn't get individuals like you. This is your ticket out of their square-ass world full of rules and responsibilities [and health insurance and retirement plans and regular pay, but man, don't forget those oppressive rules].

Top 5 ways to appear Pro
New to the game but don't want others to know? no sweat. Here's what you do:

1) Quote from Rounders every chance you get. Especially if someone asks you what you had in the hand that just ended. Be sure to say "i'm sorry John, but i don't remember."

2) Talk loudly about how the WSOP was better when there were only 800 players instead of 2000+. Instant old school cred!

3) Refer to poker pros by their first names only - instead of saying "phil hellmuth", just say "phil". this gives the impression that you actually know them.

4) Get a business card that says: "your name - poker player." Wait, no, even better: "your name - PROFESSIONAL poker player."

5) Lose a ton of money and act like it doesn't matter to you.

Top 5 ways to impress 3-6 players
Some of the toughest poker players in the world sit at B&M 3-6 tables. Here are some ways to earn their respect:

1) Wear sunglasses and a hat, preferably a poker-related hat. Nothing says "don't mess with this guy" like a party poker hat.

2) Take a long time to think about every play. This lets players know you're not some jerk who makes snap decisions. even if it's 83o UTG, take at least 30 seconds.

3) Call at least 5 hands per hour down to the river even if you're pretty sure that you're beat. You can't let those pros push you around.

4) As soon as you sit down, ask the player next to you "how's the action been?" in a whispered tone. Whatever he/she says, nod knowingly.

5) Buy in for $500, all $1 chips, and play right out of your rack.

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL very funny.. I have a top 5 reason why I should be.. well because our state(the one I live in, not my state of confusion).. had 4 monthly drawings recently. You had to buy a 5 dollar pick 3 or pick 4 ticket. You were then put in the monthly drawing to go to the WSOP and have a seat(No not in the audience).. so 1 winner for 4 months. Yet I didn't win so now that isn't a reason :(

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Thanks Tiriel I have thought for a long time I was ready for the WSOP, the above criteria describe me to a T. See you in Vegas.

Alon Ipser

Alon Ipser

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
t1riel said:
Top 5 ways to impress 3-6 players
Some of the toughest poker players in the world sit at B&M 3-6 tables. Here are some ways to earn their respect:

1) Wear sunglasses and a hat, preferably a poker-related hat. Nothing says "don't mess with this guy" like a party poker hat.

LOL I have a Party Poker hat that's my favorite hat :D