acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
People have carried different perspectives on the topic. It's hard measure a poker player by their speed, strength, or stamina. You have to measure them through their wit and how they make their decisions. So, with that in mind, take skill into consideration, as well as a few other factors including reputation, bankroll management and money won to create your list of the top 10 professional poker players of all time.

Let’s get started! Tom Dwan, Patrik Antonius, Phil Ivey, Barry Greenstein, Doyle Brunson, Daniel Negreanu, Antonio Esfandiari, John Juanda, Phil Hellmuth and Johnny Chan.

Last edited:
A

Amdrius

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
People have carried different perspectives on the topic. It's hard measure a poker player by their speed, strength, or stamina. You have to measure them through their wit and how they make their decisions. So, with that in mind, take skill into consideration, as well as a few other factors including reputation, bankroll management and money won to create your list of the top 10 professional poker players of all time.

Let’s get started! Tom Dwan, Patrik Antonius, Phil Ivey, Barry Greenstein, Doyle Brunson, Daniel Negreanu, Antonio Esfandiari, John Juanda, Phil Hellmuth and Johnny Chan.

If I made a list, then the names of the pros would be the same as yours. It's really 10 of the greatest players. But the eleventh player, I would add Dan Harrington. This is a man whose books taught a whole generation of players.

NEY2361

NEY2361

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The 10 best poker players of today are?
Andrew Feldman, Andrew Feldman, Gary Wise, Bernard Lee, Lance Bradley, Michael Friedman, Dan Cypra e Court Harrington Phil Ivey Yevgeniy Timoshenko Daniel Negreanu

Position Player Argument
Phil Ivey No surprises. In addition to having reached the final table in the wsop Main Event, Ivey has been very profitable day at the tables of [roomd = 24] at the expense of Isildur1
Patrik Antonius admitted be controversial, but for them Antonius is the best player of online cash games of the moment
Daniel Negreanu leader in the winnings table in live tournaments after the second in the WSOPE, is also a regular winner in the mixed games tables of Las Vegas
Tom Dwan Despite being going through a bad time since turning professional [roomd = 24], the Live Million Dollar Challenge proved to be a success
Barny Greenstein 13 seats awarded in 2009. Year after year get great results consistently
Jason Mercier Nine final tables in 2009 with four wins and two seconds. Leader Player ranking Live of the year
Jeffrey Lisandro 3 WSOP bracelets in 2009 are reason enough
Bertrand Grospellier Two victories in the World Championship of online poker, held in September in the pokerstars tables. He earned $ 1,600,000 and $ 577.398 live online
Phil Galfond One of the most consistent players playing online cash. Probably the player with the best selection of tables
Yevgeniy Timoshenko received $ 1,700,000 by winning the WCOOP Main Event, won WPT stage, also won the $ 1,000 the [roomd = 24], and other good results online in November

C

CryptoBlood

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really dont know them because i am amater player and i play really often poker.

JonSofen

JonSofen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hard to make a general list because some are better at cash game than tournaments.

But generally speaking for tournament players, here’s my top 10:

1. Phil Ivey
2. Daniel Negreanu
3. Fedor Holz
4. Justin Bonomo
5. Erik Seidel
6. Phil Hellmuth
7. Chris Ferguson
8. Dan Colman
9. Doyle Brunson
10. Johnny Chan

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You did say ALL TIME, right?
If so, leaving out Stu Ungar is unforgiveable.

JonSofen

JonSofen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You did say ALL TIME, right?
If so, leaving out Stu Ungar is unforgiveable.

Oops. Yes, how STUpid of me to leave Ungar off my list.

He’s definitely top 3. It’s a shame he couldn’t stay away from the nose candy. Woulda been cool seeing him compete during the poker on TV era.

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Johnny Moss would probably edge out a few of the previously mentioned players as well. :)

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I remember that Chris Moneymaker and Sam Farha had a very strong image. Chris, for being the first online poker player to win a world championship, in addition to promoting poker worldwide and Sam that used a cigarette erased in the mouth during the game and did not smoke.

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes list of top 10 strong poker players you have chosen probably almost all the best players . from the third to the fifth place I thought very well about the choice I hope no one will be offended for my list. the winner is definitely Daniel Negreanu
1.Daniel Negreanu
2.Phil Ivey
3.Justin Bonomo
4.Phil Hellmuth
5.Fedor Holz
6.Dan Colman
7.Erik Seidel
8.Chris Ferguson
9.Doyle Brunson
10.Johnny Chan

J

Jam_V92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like your top but you can not leave out the great Stu Ungar

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With his recent wins, Justin Bonomo has indeed earned his place on the list.