Phil Helmuth

chicopaw

chicopaw

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well for me, I only am able to view players by the tele for the most, i love some of the characters at the tables and love watching them

As said earlier, I factor in charisma and entertainment value as well as poker skills. This is a list of people I like to watch play and I want them to win.

Scotty Nguyen
Victoria Coren
Daniel Negreanu
John Juanda
Phil Ivey
Barry Greenstein
Antonio Esfandiari
Phil Hellmuth
Doyle Brunson
Tom Dwan
Johny Chan
Vanessa Selbst
Maria Ho
Patrik Antonius
Jennifer Harman

Bricxjo

Bricxjo

Just some happy guy
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Well for me, I only am able to view players by the tele for the most, i love some of the characters at the tables and love watching them

As said earlier, I factor in charisma and entertainment value as well as poker skills. This is a list of people I like to watch play and I want them to win.

Scotty Nguyen
Victoria Coren
Daniel Negreanu
John Juanda
Phil Ivey
Barry Greenstein
Antonio Esfandiari
Phil Hellmuth
Doyle Brunson
Tom Dwan
Johny Chan
Vanessa Selbst
Maria Ho
Patrik Antonius
Jennifer Harman
Hi Sharon,
I like your list. Is Scotty Nguyen at the top for entertainment when he was drunk? You remembered a few I forgot. Nice list. See you next season in the league if you are playing.
Good luck to you,
Brian

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
I agree with number 1 Daniel is deserved choice he is an icon and a great player.

Ivey and the brat are too low on list would have them 2-4 range.

2, 3, 4, 8 & 9 does not make my top 10 list.

Would like to see on list - Chris Moorman, Grinder, Phil Galfond, Justin Bonomo, Stephen Chidwick, Sam Greewood, Joseph McKeehen.

Sakisdask

Sakisdask

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
  • Daniel Negreanu
  • Barry Greenstein
  • Johnny Moss
  • Eric Seidel
  • Phil Hellmuth
  • Tom Dwan
  • Vanessa Selbst
  • Daniel Coleman
  • Phil Ivey
  • Fedor wood

I have seen the way most of them play. I can say how much I like to play in Negreanu hours I try to make it look like playing poker!!:):) seen the way most of them play. I can say how much I like to play in I have seen the way most of them play. I can say how much I like to play in Negreanu hours I try to make it look like playing p

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my list is:

Daniel Negreanu
Phil Hellmuth
João Simão
Akkari
Felipe Mojave
[FONT=Lato, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
obs I take into account who they are of inspiration to me.

R

RounderRob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No doubt.
Daniel Negreanu is the best hands down. I love his read and how he tells his opponents what their holding.. Come see me at BestBet O.P. in jax fl. Dan. Would very much enjoy sitting with you at some point.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Actually, I have to admit, that I am not that much informed about poker players. There are even people on this list who I don't know. :eek:
Maybe recently these challenges and the News comment tasks bring me a bit closer to these topics. I think about Liv Boeree, I thought she is kind interesting personality, if I not mix her up somehow atm. I am not very good at remembering names. With music and titles or interprets it is the same with me. :eek:

Therefore I will do now a ranking based on my sympathie to the players from whom I heard at least a bit. :D
1. Vanessa Selbst (because she is so controversially discussed and has nice attitude)
2 Liv Boeree (because I read this interesting article and also about her attitude)
3. Doyle Brunson (he is just a legend)
4. Phil Ivey (also kinda legend and from me regarded as a tough player)
5. Antonio Esfandiari (he just looks damn pretty good :p)

From some others I heared as well some, but they are not so sympathic to me. Therefore I stay with 5 on my list. ;)

jfmcd86

jfmcd86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know much of professional poker players, just a few....but the current leading player I know for sure. I'd put Daniel Negreanu for my top contender. 2nd would be Antonio Esfandiari , 3rd would be Doyle Brunson, 4th Phil Ivey, Phil Hellmuth for 5th, These 5 People I know pretty well and probably stick with these guys for the First half of my Top 10.

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The list looks like a 2010 all star and thats the problem

Get some

Assassinato Alex
4to1 Dog
Ali23ImSoveric

BTCBLade
Cantevenread

or some of these hot grinders who tear it up both live and online.

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
from the list which is published, I know only one player, it is eternally cheerful and much talking Daniel Negreanu. the rest are unknown to me because I'm not very interested in poker celebrities. but I would like to see the top 10 members of the cardschat poker guru community .

vovqa93

vovqa93

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My top

Viktor Isildur1 BlomFedor Holz
Dan Colman
Mike McDonald
Dario Miniery
Phil Ivey
Viktor Isildur1 Blom
Patrick Antonius
Tom Dwan
and alot alot of others

I don't put a numbers for positioning like, because all of them alot of people who are not of this list are made well and I get something from their game/style that they used to crush opponents.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
T

1Daniel Negreanu
2Eric Seidel
3Antonio Esfandiari
4Daniel Coleman
5Phil Ivey
6Scott Seiver
7Phil Helmuth
8Fedor Holz
9Sam Trickett
10Brian Rast

For tournaments I think this is pretty accurate. Might want to argue in some more of the Super HighRoller guys (ie. Tim Caum (Steve O'Dwyer), some of the new Germans) also Kenny Hallaert & Jason Koon... But then who do you bump from your top10 to make room for them? (sigh.. sad to say maybe Helmuth? I mean he was hanging with the new breed but seems to have fallen behind again (poor showing so far at this year's wsop and some pretty huge blunders when he was going deep in one). I like him though. Just maybe not in the top10 anymore. example, IF I were picking all of them in a Fantasy pool, I'd pick all of the ones on your list ahead of Helmuth (say for 2018 starting tomorrow) & also the others I added here. (sorry Phil)

Vorem

Vorem

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Daniel Negreanu and Phil Ivey are two of my favorite players, I would have added to this list Stephen Chidwick, Nikita Bodiakowski and Adrian Mateos.
Recently, these players show excellent poker

AgentXtreme

AgentXtreme

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My 10 favorite players :

Negreanu
Ivey
Schemion
Bonomo
Antonious
Dwan
Chedwick
Holz
Sam Greenwood
Mateos

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I really can not compile a top 10 or a top 5 but with what I see at the moment in 2018 I really like Erik Seidel he likes the game he participate in as may events as he can. He is constantly present in so many live tournaments.

Furthermore how can someone overlook online beasts like Lena900 , C.Darwin2 , Isildur1 , Epiphany77 , fish2013, Trueteller, OtB_RedBaron etc , and seriously I can enlist a ton of screen names but there is no point.

The criteria for me is the consistency and the positive results, Erik Seidel is my choice but ok Fedor Holz has something unique as we can see. Hope to see him change a lot more the poker scenery the years to come he is only 24 years old!

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
surprised to see Vanessa Selbst in any top10 considering some of her plays.

Micro Maven

Micro Maven

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's strange not to see online players, most of the "best 1s" are playing HR stars + most cash sharks are the best of the best: berrysweet, fish2013, treuteller, c.darwin...
I guess it's fair to say that aside fish2013(and he is crushing hard) most of the guys dont play live and there is a big difference (atlease I would asume).
I cant really rank but I think msot the palyers athat open siting at cash/sng tables are aaaight =)

I think Trueteller played the super high roller bowl

We will probably see a lot of these guys in the 1drop, that will be must see TV!

No1eJoker

No1eJoker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is my list, of course, on the firt place Daniel Negreanu, other places:
2.Phil Ivey
3.Viktor Blom
3.Michael Mizrachi
4.Doyle Brunson
5.Parker Talbot :)

XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Won't post my own list. All the players mentioned in the article and by others in this thread are worthy of consideration. Earnings are probably the most objective criteria by which to judge who is the "best," but as others have mentioned, personality and entertainment value are also important when picking favorites. I think Negreanu, Hellmuth, Doyle Brunson and Tony G are the ones (for me) that deliver on all counts. Honorable mention to Jennifer Harman. She's been holding her own against the boys for a very long time.

sergik1992

sergik1992

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
  • Debi O`Neill
  • Liv Boeree
  • Fedor Holz
  • Daniel Negreanu
  • Tom Dwan
  • Phil Ivey
  • Antonio Esfandiari
  • Phil Hellmuth
  • Doyle Brunson

So, my list is based only on my subjective opinion! To my mind all this poker players are good and attractive people and it`s the main criterion for me!

Hackerosito

Hackerosito

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Today I will sin in the favorites, because I admire them and each one with different qualities, there is my criterion of choosing them.
but I would consider them the top 4
the controversy is to position them in that top,
But for consistency, perseverance, hand analysis and charisma
# 1 Daniel Negreanu
# 2 Phil Ivey
# 3 Phil Hellmuth Jr.
# 4 Antonio Esfandiari

Helloween

Helloween

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From the list presented in the article, I will definitely sing Daniel Negreanu. This man stood at the origins of Internet poker and for me personally became the most brilliant player in poker. Also, Daniel shows stable results for many years. If I try to make a list, I would mention the following players:
1. Daniel Negreanu
2. Doyle Brunsen
3. Gus Hansen
4. Tom Dwan
5. Phil Ivy
6. Phil Hellmuth
7. Patrick Antonius
8. Liv Boeree
9.Isabelle Mercier
aaand
10. K Martin ))))