Took Poker break for 3 months, Tips for making comeback?

N

nellorossi83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I read that you cant play long hours or consecutive days... try take easy in your return

S

sheltowee420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I took a break for a few weeks. When I came back, I was much more focused. I would recommend what I did.....which was to be more specific about which exact tournaments to play.

rafa77777

rafa77777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand you, even very much .. I myself made such a break, I read various kinds of material, I watch video lessons and tournaments online .. in a word, I decided to reboot .. in my opinion, it is necessary to reload, especially after heavy bands ..

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
vax1op369 well, how? Returned to the game? ;)

J

jekan85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just play enjoy the main thing do not rush and think about every move

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Welcome back to the game. Playing the game after a 3 month break should be like riding a bicycle. Just remember what led you to take a break and try to avoid those same pitfalls.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I've been beaten black & blue recently and feel like I could do with what you've just done...

Grats on your objectivity & successful return!

Difficult for me to offer advice from where you were but I will suggest focusing on BR management, keeping on an even keel/staying disciplined and patience.

Also make sure to analyse critical/key spots, look for leaks and keep the study to play ratio balanced.

N

narc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's time to put into practice everything you've learned / improved for three months studying poker was a good time, good luck!

B

babrend

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
try using poker fighter mobile App for a few training sessions to sharpen ranges again

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Had some wicked bad beats few months ago.to Took a break. Studied for 3 months. Reviewed hand histories, feel refreshed now, Played tonight booked a nice little win. What advice would you give a poker player coming back into the game? How do I keep this momentum? Thanks boys
I think it should be looked at from the fact that poker is for you, it’s just a game or something more, like an income source, for example.

V

Vasilii813

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Message 9

What advice to give? Good Luck with the diligence of good hands in handing out fewer mistakes and more victories

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Played a good bit this weekend. Close to 12 hours online, broke even, 1st mistake I made was playing when tired. Will not play past 9pm ever again, played to many tables and 6 man too. Fired up two 9 man tables and focused took notes, made great folds and really played great poker. Was in total control.

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Update for everyone, things were really rough coming back online first two weeks. Made lots of mistakes. Purchased poker tracker 4 reviewed slot of hands and been making $100 a day at 25NL play a little 50NL too. Account will be at $1000 in a few days. I only get to play 2-3 hours a night. Will optimize to take your advice play small stakes build this roll. Will continue updates :)

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Right, don't play like before! Play the new! Experiment! As if the theory to bring into practice what I learned in 3 months of study!

Austria7

Austria7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,

sounds like you worked a lot to improve your game. If you feel well prepared for a new start ... just do it. Bad beats happen all the time - if you lost sometimes with them there are situations you win them as well. It is called variance. Focus on bankroll-management and solid playing - and you got an advantage in the game. :wink:

R

rdpoker5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess it is good idea to drop a few limits when you come back after a break. Confidence is very important when you start from scratch. Seems like you are on the right path. Keep it up!

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,

sounds like you worked a lot to improve your game. If you feel well prepared for a new start ... just do it. Bad beats happen all the time - if you lost sometimes with them there are situations you win them as well. It is called variance. Focus on bankroll-management and solid playing - and you got an advantage in the game. :wink:

That was my biggest problem in the past, bankroll management, playing in $100 tournaments, $50 dollar tournaments can drain your roll so fast and playing higher stakes, specifically zone (speed) poker....Only play cash game now, nothing else. Going to grind my way through stakes. Great advice, will be playing all weekend :)

maclina

maclina

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Had some wicked bad beats few months ago.to Took a break. Studied for 3 months. Reviewed hand histories, feel refreshed now, Played tonight booked a nice little win. What advice would you give a poker player coming back into the game? How do I keep this momentum? Thanks boys

It's 3 months long. My maximum without playing poker is a month. I did not change my mind of playing after.

M

Millie232

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd say make sure you stick to your studying - it's very easy to go a long period of time studying but not taking any of it in, so that while you might know the optimal move to make, you won't make it while actually playing the game. The game hasn't changed that much in 3 months - the only real major difference is that cold calling got a lot less popular recently. Just make sure you follow what you learned!

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess it is good idea to drop a few limits when you come back after a break. Confidence is very important when you start from scratch. Seems like you are on the right path. Keep it up!

Love your post read it a few times. Confidence is huge at the poker table. Just took down my biggest pot online this year. Only 123 dollars. That’s a lot, $20,000 pot is a lot more haha, river has been toughest street for me. If I feel it going for it from now on. Going to trust instinct more

Q

Queev14

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think 3 months shouldnt be a problem to continue. Nothing had changed. Just keep on and play play play, but dont forget to win ;)

Poker Tips