Tom Durrrr Dwan??

LIR0under

LIR0under

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerorifice: " Because don't ya think it's odd that you think Tom's just f'n lucky but he can like bluff & sheeite real goodzz 'but' players like Ivey, Antonius, Doyle, Helmuth, etc. etc. etc.(add a few hundred more names here) all consider him to be one of the very best!
Kinda strange.... no?"

Kinda strange that all those players have bracelets while dwan does not, also 'strange' how those same players bet dwan every year that he wont win a bracelet, and he doesnt.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerorifice: " Because don't ya think it's odd that you think Tom's just f'n lucky but he can like bluff & sheeite real goodzz 'but' players like Ivey, Antonius, Doyle, Helmuth, etc. etc. etc.(add a few hundred more names here) all consider him to be one of the very best!
Kinda strange.... no?"

Kinda strange that all those players have bracelets while dwan does not, also 'strange' how those same players bet dwan every year that he wont win a bracelet, and he doesnt.

URjHY.gif

Demonomania

Demonomania

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LIRounder, just say, "I don't like Dwan." /rant

rodgbaby

rodgbaby

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The question that usually comes to my mind is why people feel the need to denigrate players who have achieved far more than most of us ever more. If I agree - which I don't - that Dwan is nothing more than a luckbox, what's in it for me? If I mentally allocate him a skill level that I regard as within my reach (i.e. thinking "I can be as good as him") or maybe even that I have reached ("I am as good as him"), does it change my actual skill level? Not one iota.

And I also can't help but wonder, only part-jokingly, if the original post belongs in the "stupid things players say" thread.

Your right he is better than me. All i said was is from what i have seen he has sick reads and can make guys laydown sick hands. just a friendly discussion thats all no need for all of this.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Kinda strange.... no?"

Yah 'bracelet' d'oh... yah.. A Bracelet.
LI, you're looking stupider every post.

At first I gave you the benefit of the doubt (maybe guy is just uneducated donk?) but you moved well beyond there now.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I really should try to be more respectful.
You 'Sir' are a dumb shyt.:p

LIR0under

LIR0under

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sorry orifice, but huge enormous bankroll swings, frequently needing loans and doesnt have a bracelet puts him REALLY far behind any of those names you mentioned.

you can insult me and say dwan is the best as much as you like but it doesnt make anything you say to be true.

your qualifications as to what it takes to be the best makes you look like a moron

C

CaptainKout

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Awful lot of luckboxes running around with bracelets.

Doesn't make your top ten? 25th best poker player in the world still makes a f**k ton of money.

LIR0under

LIR0under

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
CaptainKout "Awful lot of luckboxes running around with bracelets."

Dwan sure isnt one of them. Also, all of the legends you online tards mentioned have bet him every year that he doesnt win one, and he hasnt.

Y

YoungIbrah

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
With his net winnings over his career, I dont think he can be called wholly lucky

Ducky7

Ducky7

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anyone who is saying he is a luckbox, think of it this way, would you want to ever play him, who would you rather play live or online HU Doyle or Dwan. Thats not even a question worth asking. Hes scary to play against and anyone who doesnt admit that or cant see it, is just delusional

3cent

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
tom is a great poker player

people who look tv shows and see his hands then make affirmations like 'he's a luckbox' are just regular people ( not 'regulars' lol) who are nor really poker players, because at high stakes poker is just another thing, is not the same poker at 10c-25c blinds

and be sure that none of the people who think he's a luckbox , or he's so 'bad' player has played once in his life 20 hands in a row 200$-400$ NL. they would start shakin before their butt reach the seat of a 400$ blind table

because if they were, they couldnt spell their tongues to 'luckbox'

Demonomania

Demonomania

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dwan sure isnt one of them. Also, all of the legends you online tards mentioned have bet him every year that he doesnt win one, and he hasnt.

Calling CC members 'online tards' isn't going to accomplish anything in this argument, so why even bother? There's seriously nothing to gain. You're wasting your own time and looking more & more retarded with every post.

If you actually think Tom is nothing more than a luck-box, or players must win a bracelet before their record is valid proof they're among the best, then you're far more an idiot than you first appeared to be.

Yep, until Dwan achieves what Joe Cada and Darvin Moon have, he'll never be considered one of the most talented players (On/Offline) of all time. Your logic is spot on there, slick. ;)

Last edited:
JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just lol.
The part i liked most was since BF online players paying the mortgage. Because live players are so ****ing greater than online.