Time spent on poker

R

redcoyote211

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
married with children

when u can play poker and not piss her off,is a good time to play.I am married also with 2 kids and my wife understands my active poker playing lifestyle.I try to squeeze in a game during dinner time or shortly before as those are usually the best times for games going on.i also play when i got nothing going on for the night mostly after 8 when the kids are showering and getting ready for bed.i dont do it every night i try and pace it.if there isnt anything going on on the weekends u can count me in on any time.It will change for you as the kids get older,we just have to adjust our time.so me probably 3 hrs a night 2 or 3 nights a week plus weekends which vary from 1 game to 12 hrs of play a day.:cool:

H

HollyMichelle13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably not half enough but I do have 2 jobs, 2 children and a wife to keep happy. I tend to play fast games like Zoom and more recently Hyper-Turbo SNGs as I don't have much free time.

Hopefully when the kids are older I can immerse myself in the game properly. However, by then, Poker will probably be dead.

@ Moderators - Hope this post satisfies you (i.e) You don't delete it for being too short. Although, I find it pretty offensive that you delete posts from genuine members.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
unfortunately ,poker has taken control of ALL of my time. i play allday long and have become somewhat of an antisocial pokerplayer. trying to balance that out but i find it impossible.since i have alot of free time cause i work very few hours ,everytime im at home ,i always turn on the laptop and play poker. trust me.its better to have things that make you not be able to play instead of having endless free hours cause if thats the case youll end up a poker freak like me.

Glad I'm not the only one :D.
Seriously, I could have written this because I get the feeling my life only is poker (playing as well as watching), sleeping and some reading .

F

fordman427

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I would consider myself an on and off poker player for the past 8 years or so. Poker has been that outlet for me, for when I get really stressed out or just need to get away from the real world. Every time I sit at a table during a tournament, I don't think of anything else in the world other than my opponents and the cards. I love it!

I want more poker in my life. I am recently married (less than a year now) with a job I hate (surprise surprise) and just haven't been able to find a proper, regular balance between real life and getting on the tables. Sometimes my job needs me to go back to work in the evenings, and throw dinner with the wife between that and it puts a kink in my play time. I typically play MTT's, which with the consistent time spent per tournament hinders on my desire to play, but I do switch it up from time to time playing on a SnG or a couple cash tables to keep the BR decent.

What type of time management do you guys use when it comes to poker, online and live? How much time is spent in your worlds doing this per day? Per week? I'm just curious - I'm thinking of trying to write out a weekly schedule in hopes to put more time into my gaming.
Recently I've played like once a week if that much

L

locha2013

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I spend a lot of time with poker. Mainly when it's boring and I don't want to watch tv. I am not really after the money but I have fun with playing online poker. I think I play every day when I have some money, but I have never deposite.

I

itrade

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i spend about 8 hrs a day playing poker

A

annvr71

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
me and my husband

I play poker as I can
My husband plays throughout the day since he can not go to work
he is sick
So when I go to work, he plays poker to even earn some extra money
and with the proceeds, we can go every year on leave
so we are happy :dancing:

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm old and don't work (on Social Security) and not married, So I play most of the day. Play micro stakes and grind out small winnings every month. It sure helps pass the hours of the day. Take care

J

JonPM

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What helps me and my wife is on our calendar (which we use for our normal day to day stuff) is I'll list a tournament that I'm interested in playing in weeks ahead of time. While she has been supportive of me playing, it used to become an issue when I would announce last minute that I was going to go play in a 9hr tournament. Putting it on our calendar well ahead of time has really helped.

R

rugby0

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play twice a week and attend poker classes twice a week. I play to practice what i learn at poker class.

G

guutox

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker for 3 years, about 2-3 hours per day, I'm playing more than study because I think this is the best study for me, in theory should be the opposite. However I try every weekend to analyze some hands played and seek to improve and change some strategies in my game