Time For a break?

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Time for a break?!. NO! Only forward! The Life at this planet and so is shortly!

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Need to take a break when you have lost a lot of money in poker, so as not to lose even more.:devilish::)

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes playing 10 or 12 hours of poker is bad for your health. Unfortunately there are tournaments that are very long. For example, getting to ITM in ACR takes 6 or 7 hours from the tournament.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
If you've been losing for a long time and haven't earned anything lately, then of course you should go on vacation and come back after a month of poker rest it has always worked a lot plus take a break my friend

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no reason to force yourself to play, just take a break until you want to play again.

Poker will wait for you, if you want to study or relax during your break it will help you either way.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Breaks are essential to poker longevity, imo. It's like any other "job"; vacations are there for a reason. The older players will know what I mean. All you "young'ins" are full of that vigor that drives the poker bus(iness). And that's a good thing. Just don't forget that the mind is a terrible thing to taste. Oops, that's Ministry. A mind needs it's own vacations to regroup and remember that there's a whole world out there beyond the felt. I, myself, usually take a day or three away from the table. It really helps. (y) ;)

BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
After 10+ years of playing the game I've learned to love my time away from the tables and I usually don't wait to feel that 'I need a break' and take time off from poker(and other gamble activities); I think this way you'll be able to play the game for a longer time and won't feel burned out... GLGL with your projects :)

Mantinhoo

Mantinhoo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LT
Chips
Whether it's going well or not, taking a break in my opinion is necessary. Sometimes it takes several days, sometimes several weeks, but to take a break from poker is necessary to return with a fresh head.

E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes... I think it maybe time to take a break from Poker.

Your thoughts
I think taking a break is always good! have some nature time refresh and perhaps spend time reviewing your hands! This is one of the most recommended by poker pros :)

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A break helps to improve the game, perhaps it is important to take a break from the game and try to study new strategies and, in addition to studying new strategies, it is time to do that old reflection and get the best out of yourself.

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Sometimes some rest is necessary .

drinker

drinker

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

Your thoughts
A break is a real necessity for every player. The advantage allows you to regain your form and reserve of patience, which is very important. In my opinion, players who play 7 days a week have much more chances to make mistakes than players who do at least 2-3 days of rest.

stampide

stampide

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It a good idea! You will feel when you can come back to play

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I am on a break myself, I have not played much at all over the last 2 years, I think 4 freerolls, and maybe 1 sit and go once every 2 months just to keep my PS Awards Chest active.
It is a big difference from playing every night the CC Freeroll, plus 10 SnGs every day, I feel just burned out playing so much during the Lockdowns, I certainly made a bit of money, but that was never my intention when I first started playing Poker, I just played as a hobby and for a bit of Fun!
I was so passionate about my Poker Playing every week in a Live Game at my Local Pub even running the game for over 4 years and played on-line 3 or 4 times a week. but something happened and now I really have to push myself just to log-in to PS.
I have still not returned to Live Poker even though they play every week again at my Local Pub, I simply lost that passion I once had.:(

bedolaga

bedolaga

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
I've been taking a break from poker for a long time now. At some point, I felt that I became too irritable. I began to have problems with my nervous system. I began to have trouble falling asleep at night. All of this was due to the constant stress I was getting from playing poker. I decided that for the time being it was necessary to take a break from the game and maybe try some sedatives. However, none of the medications worked for me as they made me feel as if I was drunk. So I decided to try some non-standard solutions. Plant of life CBD gummies Canada is a good chance to calm my nerves, to restore sleep. So in the near future, I plan to play for the first time after a long rest.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you're referring to a summer vacation, this is the perfect time to take a break not only from poker but also from work or school. Have a good rest.

staytrue001

staytrue001

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If u really need this it's very good idea, relax!

AzdajaD

AzdajaD

Meat Pounder
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
Every few days I take a break from poker - a couple of days without poker is quite enough to reset the brain circuits and start new victories... :)

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Just don't call it a 'break'; call it a 'hiatus' instead. I don't know how old you are, OP, but I'm sure that whenever you choose to restart your play again, you still have many many years of Poker fun ahead of you. There's no rush, in life as in any game out there. 😀

PINOY

PINOY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's good to have couple of days break after long a week or 2 weeks grind to refresh your mind and plan what is your next move.

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Well, perfect reasoning, you must stop the game since you feel that way.

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

Your thoughts
Of you're asking, the answer is probably.
But it depends on the motivation.
If you think you are not playing well, then a break is often a good idea.
If your responsibilities outside of poker are not being met, take a break.
If you are losing touch with your loved ones, take a break.
If it is affecting your mods in a negative way, take a break.

I was playing pretty poorly and have taken a sort of break. I still play weekly with my mates, weekly with league, and the odd game here or there, but I used to play quite a lot every day.

I found that freerolls were hurting other areas of my game when I was playing other nonfreeroll games.

But mostly, I got into golf, and so just have a new obsession, which, since I walk, rather than taking a buggy, is also very good for me.
The best part is, I dragged ally poker buddies to the golf course and they're hooked now too!