Tiff Michelle vs pokernews

smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
shes got a rack, what else are you looking at?

apart from here arse.

Sorry, but Tiff is all face.

4877def8ac907.jpg

TheKid84

TheKid84

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry, but Tiff is all face.

Agreed... Quite nice face I might add... It is unfortunate what happened to her in this situation. Anyone think this will lead to the end of people wearing multiple names in the future?

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
copied from TM's myspace statement:

Tiffany Michelle Official Statement
Thursday, July 17, 2008

There is no denying the positive press and exposure I brought Pokernews by wearing their logo and being their representative during the 2008 World Series of Poker main event.

What about the positives for her? - a major payout from a tournament she didn't pay 1 cent to enter.

Yep, Pokernews fronted the $10K entry for her.

momoney2

momoney2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Where is the UB love for Tiffany?

It's interesting that neither Ultimatebet.net nor Ultimatebet.com makes any reference to Tiffany Michelle on their websites. You would at least think they would have something to the effect of, "Congratulations to Ultimatebet Team member Tiffany Michelle as the Last Woman Standing in the WSOP ME!" But I couldn't find anything on their home page or in their news sections. Though they make sure to mention that some rock guitarist has joined the Ultimatebet Team. LOL What gives? :confused:

Or are they just waiting for the wsop to begin airing on ESPN? You would think that they know that all of us on-line players are already aware of the standings up to this point, and would want to gain as much hopefully positive publicity for UB as possible.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's interesting that neither Ultimatebet.net nor Ultimatebet.com makes any reference to Tiffany Michelle on their websites. You would at least think they would have something to the effect of, "Congratulations to Ultimatebet Team member Tiffany Michelle as the Last Woman Standing in the WSOP ME!" But I couldn't find anything on their home page or in their news sections. Though they make sure to mention that some rock guitarist has joined the Ultimatebet Team. LOL What gives? :confused:

It'll be because she's not actually a member of Team Ultimatebet, or the Ultimatebet Army, or whatever it is they're calling themselves. It'll have been a one-time deal, they just rented space on her chest for a few days.

Happens all the time - Scotty Nguyen wore a Full Tilt logo at the $50K HORSE final table, but poker stars at the Main Event.

daxter70

daxter70

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
copied from TM's myspace statement:

Tiffany Michelle Official Statement
Thursday, July 17, 2008

There is no denying the positive press and exposure I brought Pokernews by wearing their logo and being their representative during the 2008 World Series of Poker main event.

What about the positives for her? - a major payout from a tournament she didn't pay 1 cent to enter.

Yep, Pokernews fronted the $10K entry for her.

pokernews didnt..jeff lisandro and tony g split it, and both are aligned with pokernews...

Pothole

Pothole

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It'll be because she's not actually a member of Team Ultimatebet, or the Ultimatebet Army, or whatever it is they're calling themselves. It'll have been a one-time deal, they just rented space on her chest for a few days.

Happens all the time - Scotty Nguyen wore a Full Tilt logo at the $50K HORSE final table, but Poker Stars at the Main Event.

Can I rent her chest for a micro second? lol,:D

lizasback

lizasback

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
goes to show ya that there's drama everywhere, when did such a fun game turn into a drama fest

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
goes to show ya that there's drama everywhere, when did such a fun game turn into a drama fest

By all accounts, the only thing that's uncommon about this story is the fact that it's made it into the public spotlight like this.

Staking deals and arguments over them are 100% standard, especially at an event like the WSOP. You just won't read about many of them on PokerNews unless it's something really obvious that they can't avoided. Like, say, "ZOMGZ, Vinnie Vinh's empty chair just cashed in a tourney!" or "ZOMGZ, the whole internetz is talking smack about your sponsored player doing a deal with UltimateBet whee!!!".

lizasback

lizasback

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok, now i think i understand it a little better, i guess the live places i play just don't really drama it up, or i've never seen it anyway, but thank you for that bit of knowledge, & i can see where in a WSOP game it could happen !!

By all accounts, the only thing that's uncommon about this story is the fact that it's made it into the public spotlight like this.

Staking deals and arguments over them are 100% standard, especially at an event like the WSOP. You just won't read about many of them on PokerNews unless it's something really obvious that they can't avoided. Like, say, "ZOMGZ, Vinnie Vinh's empty chair just cashed in a tourney!" or "ZOMGZ, the whole internetz is talking smack about your sponsored player doing a deal with UltimateBet whee!!!".

O

overtop69

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find it really sad that a site like pokernews would make such a big deal over this. It is common practice for players to sport multiple logos and I don't think it should be a big deal unless they are competitors in the same market, which is not the case here. All I can say is.....SAD

momoney2

momoney2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
UltimateBet's Star Players Team Turns to Hollywood for Newest Recruit

Or are they just waiting for the WSOP to begin airing on ESPN? You would think that they know that all of us on-line players are already aware of the standings up to this point, and would want to gain as much hopefully positive publicity for UB as possible.

I guess I just needed to be patient with UB. They have now announced the addition of Tiffany Michelle to the UB Army, UltimateBet Poker News | UltimateBet.com.

UltimateBet's Star Players Team Turns to Hollywood for Newest Recruit

Miami, FL (PRWeb) July 29, 2008 - UltimateBet is adding some Hollywood star power to its already impressive lineup of poker pros. The online poker room today announced the addition of actress-turned-poker player Tiffany Michelle to its Star Players Team.
"From Hollywood to Vegas, Tiffany Michelle is a rising star in so many extraordinary ways," stated Annie Duke, UltimateBet's Cardroom Consultant. "We're thrilled to be able to bring such a talented force on board."
This 24-year-old actress and singer/songwriter has quickly become one of poker's most recognizable female pros - and it's no wonder why. The cameras were rolling at this year's World Series of Poker when Tiffany Michelle, the last female player left standing in the Main Event, outperformed her way to an impressive 17th place finish, beating the largest field to date by a woman. The Hollywood actress walked away with $334,534 in cash and was sporting UltimateBet gear as part of the online poker site's much-talked-about UB Army program. Tiffany has worked with some of the biggest names in Hollywood, appearing in a variety of popular films and several celebrated American television series including ER and Nip/Tuck. Tiffany turned to the game of poker to supplement her acting income between film and television projects and began playing poker tournaments online at UltimateBet to hone her game, quickly discovering additional success at land-based tournaments and in cash games. In virtually no time at all, Tiffany went from gaining roles on the audition circuit to gaining respect at the poker tables.
Tiffany Michelle joins two of poker's most revered online players� Cliff "JohnnyBax" Josephy and James "POKERPRO33" Campbell�on UltimateBet's roster of high caliber players. She can be found playing online poker at UltimateBet under the name Tiffany M and will be featured in a variety of future promotions on the site. Online poker players can employ UltimateBet's free UltimateBuddy software to discover where Tiffany M is seated and instantly join her at the tables.
Campbell can be found playing online poker at UltimateBet under the name POKERPRO33 and will be featured in a variety of future promotions on the site. Online poker players can employ UltimateBet's free UltimateBuddy software to discover where POKERPRO33 is seated and instantly join him at the tables.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find it really sad that a site like pokernews would make such a big deal over this. It is common practice for players to sport multiple logos and I don't think it should be a big deal unless they are competitors in the same market, which is not the case here. All I can say is.....SAD

*Disclaimer: I don't think any of the parties involved have handled this issue well - the below is me being devil's advocate as much as anything else*

The problem for PokerNews, I think, is that the deal put them in a very difficult position.

Let's face it, PokerNews is the only reason anyone in the poker world knows who Tiffany Michelle is - she's very strongly associated with their brand. Tiffany wearing an UltimateBet logo got a heap of negative publicity, and you can't really blame PokerNews for being worried that some of that negative publicity was going to rub off on them.

Moreover, if they don't say or do anything, then people are going to assume they're OK with the whole situation. They've decided that they don't want to be associated with the UltimateBet brand (a decision they're just as entitled to make as Tiffany was), so the only choice they're left with is to speak up about it.

Wolfpack43ACC

Wolfpack43ACC

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pokernews should be pissed. Michelle wouldn't have even been in the ME if it wasn't for Lisandro & Tony G. She knew what the deal was, and she blew it.

Go read Tony G's blog and he'll give you a full account of what happened.