amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Anyone starting out or thinking of turning pro? I'm open to passing on a little of my experience and give some guidance, let's go there if you want some advice just send a bullet there...

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Anyone starting out or thinking of turning pro? I'm open to passing on a little of my experience and give some guidance, let's go there if you want some advice just send a bullet there...
Welcome to our community.
How long have you been playing?
What are your results?
Can you share with us your achievements.

amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Welcome to our community.
How long have you been playing?
What are your results?
Can you share with us your achievements.
It will be 3 years. I still don't have very expressive results, but I keep a good constancy, currently I'm making 5k on average profit.

JeLeuMic

JeLeuMic

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Keep grinding it. You will get there eventually.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Being a pro is difficult . Many players think they are pros , but their results are miserable. They want to persuade others , new players , so as to sell lessons or books , but the truth is they are not pros . You start playing poker , you might become ecteg one day , or even a very good reg , a skilled and successfull one . But pro ? To be considered a pro ?? Time is needed , and results will prove if you are or not on the long run .

I would never decide to try become a pro , I would never try poker like my own and unique source of income . My skills ain't good enough for this :)

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've never even thought of such a thing. This is not for me. I'm lazy to study and only play from my gaming experience.

pasha poltava

pasha poltava

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
a professional player says it loudly, I want to learn how to play well, so that poker would be an additional income!!!

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It will be 3 years. I still don't have very expressive results, but I keep a good constancy, currently I'm making 5k on average profit.
$5k a month is very good, I'm sure many pros make less than this, especially in their first couple of years.

What games do you tend to play?

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It’s very nice to hear it mate, another Brazilian professional poker player is sweet! 🍰
What types of game have you been playing? I don’t see many comments or posts of you in the cash games threads, and I’m kinda rat of these!
So I must assume you are a tournament player?
Online or live? Which Poker Clubs you use to go in brazil, feed us with more tips, I’m eager to learn from your expertise.
Have you made some poker course or are you the type of self discipline and self apprenticeship?
Not that I’m ever doubting you, but I’m just a fish and would love to learn more about my fellow mate. Do you have any means to demonstrate to all of us your incoming, winnings, trophies, etc?
Thank you very much and feel yourself very welcome in our community!
I’m sure I’ll learn quite a bit from your knowledge and experience of producing 5 K incoming per month (it would be BRL or USD or another currency?)

amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
give me pro tips, im newbie
First stop insulting opponents at the tables

5K a month! surely you have graphs to support this claim.
Yes

$5k a month is very good, I'm sure many pros make less than this, especially in their first couple of years.

It's 5k reais, Brazilian currency. Yes, it's a lot for someone just starting out, but it was for me, it's getting bigger returns. I've been playing on a team for 3 years, a lot of theoretical and exploit content, I'm currently away from the team because I've had some family problems and within the team too, I'm reorganizing myself to be able to return at the end of this year, the total focus of studies/grind . My grid within the team is up to 33$ tournaments, being able to play some more expensive ones on Sunday, currently I am managing to make 2K reais in Brazilian currency just playing freerolls on several sites.

It’s very nice to hear it mate, another Brazilian professional poker player is sweet! 🍰
What types of game have you been playing? I don’t see many comments or posts of you in the cash games threads, and I’m kinda rat of these!
So I must assume you are a tournament player?
Online or live? Which Poker Clubs you use to go in Brazil, feed us with more tips, I’m eager to learn from your expertise.
Have you made some poker course or are you the type of self discipline and self apprenticeship?
Not that I’m ever doubting you, but I’m just a fish and would love to learn more about my fellow mate. Do you have any means to demonstrate to all of us your incoming, winnings, trophies, etc?
Thank you very much and feel yourself very welcome in our community!
I’m sure I’ll learn quite a bit from your knowledge and experience of producing 5 K incoming per month (it would be BRL or USD or another currency?)
So, my friend, I'm a tournament player, I play for a team (cardroom poker team), all the technical content is passed through them, in group and individual classes. I'm currently away from the team because of family problems, I'm organizing to return to my activities at the end of this year, meanwhile, I'm playing freerolls on different sites, I'm managing to make 2K a month playing freerolls. The 5k I sited is BRL.

a professional player says it loudly, I want to learn how to play well, so that poker would be an additional income!!!
You don't need a lot of knowledge to make an extra income playing poker, just have some basic notions of pre flop ranges, adjust your open/call, open/fold, 3bet, squezee range. Playing from the blinds, studying situations that happen the most eg: BB vs BTN, vs Co, BB vs EP and Mp, try to study these spots a little more, because they are the ones that happen the most. Playing against recreational players you will have a lot of spot multway, that is, you will play against wide ranges with a good frequency and there is no secret to play on these occasions, it is to play with value and good equities, never try to bluff air; And also try to know how to play blind war, which in my opinion is the most difficult spot to play. Once you have these basic notions of the game, I guarantee that it will be profitable, especially in live tournaments where players are very recreational. That's it, hope I helped!

I've never even thought of such a thing. This is not for me. I'm lazy to study and only play from my gaming experience.
You must play for fun and always responsibly. Good luck buddy

amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Being a pro is difficult . Many players think they are pros , but their results are miserable. They want to persuade others , new players , so as to sell lessons or books , but the truth is they are not pros . You start playing poker , you might become ecteg one day , or even a very good reg , a skilled and successfull one . But pro ? To be considered a pro ?? Time is needed , and results will prove if you are or not on the long run .

I would never decide to try become a pro , I would never try poker like my own and unique source of income . My skills ain't good enough for this :)
Well, my friend, poker is years and years of study, different tools to be mastered and not to mention that the dynamics of the game changes a lot, there are plays that were profitable a few years ago and today they are no longer. The way to success in poker is to be with people with the same goal as yours and with the best to be able to pass on knowledge, and I think that regarding the financial issue, I think it's stupid for a person to have only one source of income nowadays , but you don't need to play highstakes to be professional, I know players who play micro stakes and have more than 100K in profit, this is definitely better than many jobs out there. I completely agree with you, sometimes it can happen that you go through bad phases, but in the long run it will always prevail if you are making the right decisions, and the results will come naturally.

But you can easily become pro microlimits.
Well, or at least semi-pro ))
Yes, I know players with a good profit playing micro stakes, man I tell you that playing up to 11$ I make an easy profit of 1/2K usd month. And that's a good salary, especially here in Brazil

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's been my dream ever since I started playing poker. To be able to live on what I like and travel around the world. Hopefully life will give me that opportunity that I want so much.

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think to become a poker pro you need to be good (profitable), be consistent, play volume and be patient without these things no one will ever be a pro

Balou1982

Balou1982

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips

Many pro's are being sponsored from poker sites or investors, they pay buyin for tournaments and if their pro gets in to cash then a profit share will be given to them.

Last edited:
Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
A professional in all fields is a very long and time-consuming process. I'm not ready for this because time is a very valuable resource, poker eats up a lot of time. Therefore, for me, poker is one of the ways of entertainment and a source of additional earnings.

amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It's been my dream ever since I started playing poker. To be able to live on what I like and travel around the world. Hopefully life will give me that opportunity that I want so much.
It's not an easy path, you're going to have to give up a lot, have a lot of focus, discipline and resilience. I hope you get it. Good luck