They say that the pair of jacks is the worst pair in poker, today I checked it

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, aptolocos! The pair of jacks is not worse, and not better, than the other pairs... They all are the worst, when we are losing with any pair,
and becoming the best, when we are winning with any pair!.. Nothing more, and nothing less!

Grabobbe

Grabobbe

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DK
Chips
The only bad thing about it is, that it seems so much better than pocket 10’s and tend to lure you into putting a lot more chips on the line. Which you obviously might loose… 😜
Adjust your bids accordingly, and it is a great hand… 😊

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I agree, a pair of jacks is the worst hand, but only for those players who do not know how to play it correctly and very often lose a lot by overestimating its strength :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

JetmirDulja

JetmirDulja

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
well definetely not the worst ... but its the kinda hand that always gets you in trouble... its a hand you never fold pre flop and that means you can get it all in and lose some of the times .

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Classic poker books do not recommend playing jacks from early position. Against two random cards, the chance of winning jacks is 77%. But opponents will rarely enter the hand with frankly trash hands, so in reality this percentage is lower. At a 9-max table, 12% of the time someone will have a pocket pair higher than jacks. So with deep stacks, don't rush to go all-in with JJ. Sometimes it makes sense to raise by calling and trying to catch a set, which will happen 11% of the time. Or play jacks postflop carefully, especially in the case of overcards on the board.

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Good morning everyone, the secret is to play your hand according to its strength, forget about the cards in your hand and think about the villain's range.
Pair of JJ is the worst pair in the deck, it depends on how you are playing with them, it depends against which villain's range:
Villain opens from UTG with 25bb, 2x open, you are in the BB, with 25bb what is the best way to play this hand against UTG's range?
Against the range of the UTG villain, there will be many strong hands AA, KK, QQ, hands that preflop you have less than 20% equity, if it is AK or AQ, almost 50% equity.
Now let's imagine that you are in the BB 25bb, the table is folded and the SB open 3x with 25bb, now I ask you is JJ the worst pair?
Of course, it's not just about playing your hand post-flop according to how strong it is.
If you have JJ and are playing a multiway bridge vs 2 or 3 players know that the probability is high of hitting a card above your JJ, like A, K or Q, and your J doesn't hit someone bet flop and another villain calls, depending from the texture of the board your JJ is a fold.
There are softwares that solve the moves, if you study your JJ using this method, you will leave the belief that it is the worst pair and will become the 4th best pair.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are no bad cards, there are bad players:(:)

amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
That's just your selective memory sabotaging you

Dobbler1

Dobbler1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It is literally the 4th best hand preflop. It's just sometimes hard to play.

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's not the best pair to play, depending on the hand it's always a fold, when the risk is all the chips.

Andrii Lubentsov

Andrii Lubentsov

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
A pair of jacks is better than a pair of tens, but worse than a pair of queens. Just math and nothing else. Everything else is skill and a bit of luck.
:)

Ncsaba1988

Ncsaba1988

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
HU
Chips
No it isn't the worst. There is 9 pair worst than JJ 😅

bruno13xs

bruno13xs

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't think JJ is the worst hand, but I don't think it's the strongest either.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I diagree..when I had jakcs I did pretty good ...it all depends on the way you play them :)

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's how you can call any pocket pair a bad one. It all depends on you and the fallen cards on the table.

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
This cannot be stated clearly.
There are days when you loose with every JJ, but maybe the next day you win with all of them. The negative experience is fresh now, that's why you think it's the worst hand, but there are much worse starting hands than that.

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Many have already mentioned it, but I will reiterate, selective memory, don't believe this nonsense, JJ is a premium hand, it will rarely be losing preflop, plus it plays very well against 95% of other combos, it will rarely be losing.

viniavelar2

viniavelar2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
it's the worst hand, yesterday a friend crashed 3 times from a tournament with JJ

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think AA can be more troublesome because it's difficult to fold them..

But TT - JJ are more trickier to play. Just a word of caution.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
They say that the pair of jacks is the worst pair in poker, today I checked it
If you had a bad experience, you need to analyze the context of the situation. And no, it's not the worst pair, there's just the problem of over cards. If it doesn't overplay, it makes that hand profitable.

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
It's not a bad hand, it's just that many don't know how to play it.