They don't hate it when it happens

J

jesusali1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't you hate it when you're on BB and you get a hand like AA or KK and everyone folds, it happens to me a lot, I don't know if it's my bad luck, but it just happens when there's a drought of good cards and the opponents are going all in hands before it, hasn't it happened to you?

Xcoder

Xcoder

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This has happened to me many times before, however I have also played millions of hands so it's bound to happen! Best thing to do is not let it get to you, resist the tilt, just keep playing and let the cards do the talking :)

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
At such moments, I whisper to the players through the monitor, let someone rise. If no one comes into the game, I can say a lot of unpleasant things out of annoyance.:D:D:D

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OH YEAH!!! You got me with this one. It is so exciting when you get the big hand and you are just drooling for someone to go all in, and then everyone seems to fold in slow motion. It is painful.

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
friend, I'm in such a bad phase that with AA in my hand I've lost them all.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Raise less pre,,2.2 to 2.4 the most,,,some say this invites more players,but more the merrier i say,just be ready to fold if 3-4 players call. :deal:

C

CTPA3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
we have an old saying, "if I knew the board, I would live in Sochi")))

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't you hate it when you're on BB and you get a hand like AA or KK and everyone folds, it happens to me a lot, I don't know if it's my bad luck, but it just happens when there's a drought of good cards and the opponents are going all in hands before it, hasn't it happened to you?
It has happened several times and I was easily stressed. Nowadays I just accept it, there's nothing to do. kkkk:D

L

LosJay

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always, especially when I'm short stack

L

Lucky_Shark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course it happened. But in any case it's better this way than you will be beaten with 72o

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes it happened to me a few times and we even have the impression that they see our letters but it's relative.:confused:

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
All part of the game you love to hate.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, this has happened to me many times. But it's a game and in any case I see no reason to hate anything. :)

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Such situations happen to every player. But don't worry. If you start keeping statistics, you will see that this does not happen every time, but only sometimes.

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It's part of the game. It's life.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

It can be a little disappointing at first for sure, but as you play more you'll learn to curb your expectations and just play the spots as they come.

In our mind it's easy to think 'oh, I got dealt AA, I'm supposed to win a huge pot'
But in reality getting AA isn't a ticket for that (and it's also why a lot of people overplay it postflop even when all signs tell them that one pair of aces is no longer the best hand)

E

eagleaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Higher the skill level more often.

Trust me it happens to everyone, so dont focus on the bad but instead realize the truth. There is no luck only Skill. The higher the skill level of the players in the tourney also plays a factor for the reason of maybe they caught your tell. Maybe you reraise from the BB to much and ppl just play tight to adjust. If you got the goods usually the table dont legit have a playable hand. Remember aces all in pre loses roughly 20 percent of the time. so having ppl fold to you is a win and profit is profit. Long run it and learn to widen and more importantly balance your range. Keep stacking.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
of course something like that happens every now and then. But I also know that AA doesn't always win, so if they don't call my AA then I tell myself that at least I didn't run into a scrap hand that kicked me out because that happens more often. I'm also not a fan of preflop allin, not even when I have AA. For me it's a kind of lottery game and you hope to get all 6 right. Well, I don't play the lotto, I play poker and there is no sure winning hand preflop, but there are good strong hands that have a high probability of winning. But as often as I've already lost with AA, so no, I don't mind if people then fold

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It happened that a very beautiful card was dealt in hand and everyone pressed fold. But a beautiful card does not always win. So we can assume that you are lucky. You were given the BB without a fight.

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Yes it happened to me (and to other players as well of course) many times. But that’s poker…

Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes its exactly why sometimes I prefer at times to slow play AA instead of raising them preflop vice versa.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Yes, it happens to hold premioum cards and everyone just folds. Nothing sirious, I just play the next hand!:joyman:

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

Yes may times. But it is even worse that you get that hand and someone went all in with g7 of and sucks out on you after the all in.

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
This is the game, the important thing is that we make the best use of these hands when the opportunity comes.

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, happens to everyone.