That's Debatable (Topics Thread)

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you make debate topic threads. let us know so we can follow. like post links in here to the threads so we know they were made. just like oz did

:heart:

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Funnily enough I am really trying to get my game back on track and Im 7-9 tabling 6max atm. It seems to change on a day to day basis. I have 24 tabled at stars both fr and 6mx. I have also 30-40 tables sng/dons. I have 8 tabled rush pokerz.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Funnily enough I am really trying to get my game back on track and Im 7-9 tabling 6max atm. It seems to change on a day to day basis. I have 24 tabled at stars both fr and 6mx. I have also 30-40 tables sng/dons. I have 8 tabled rush pokerz.

when i 4 tabled rush it blew my mind. 8 is just mind boggling

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
MMT'ing jagsti debating with less tables jagsti would be funny lol.

Seriously though, from a guy who took a shot at SNE and is now playing less (compared to then) tables i think he could debate it himself, although 7-9 tables of 6max is hardly on the less tables side of the scale imo :D

L

Lofwyr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Further potential topic -> rebuy periods in MTT: super gambler or nut-peddler?

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Further potential topic -> rebuy periods in MTT: super gambler or nut-peddler?
SUPA GAMBLA. You are not in a rebuy unless you rebuy at least 10 times.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
MMT'ing jagsti debating with less tables jagsti would be funny lol.

Seriously though, from a guy who took a shot at SNE and is now playing less (compared to then) tables i think he could debate it himself, although 7-9 tables of 6max is hardly on the less tables side of the scale imo :D

Actually you have a point. I probably could do this :eek:.

DawgBones

DawgBones

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey what happened to this? I enjoyed the debate between Oz and Mayo and was looking forward to more. Think the thread deserves more love. Jagsti vs Jagsti would be another fun read I'm sure.

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey what happened to this? I enjoyed the debate between Oz and Mayo and was looking forward to more. Think the thread deserves more love. Jagsti vs Jagsti would be another fun read I'm sure.

LOL, I actually really really, Did I state I really Loved this Idea:)

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Need to get the real cash game (6max)vs the nitty of the nits that play o so boring FR going here.

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok since this is Debates Area, I have a question, is it plausible to become SNE from 0 Vpps and also Mainly playing Mtt's Mid Buy-ins rather then Playing Rings? If that's Do Able, then lets make it more interesting, Playing Micro to Mid Games rather then Mid to High Buy-ins (Mtt wise only)?

I hope questions are allowed in the Debates area, Since I can't debate with you fine folks, I'd rather just ask and see your replys (I know I suck)

C

ComplexPlaya

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When are those threads coming up? Sorry if it's been posted, it's late and not going to read all thread now

rssurfer54

rssurfer54

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
more tables > less tables.

Less boredom, more money.

C

ComplexPlaya

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
more tables > less tables.

Less boredom, more money.

I don't know. Less learning and playing worse for sure. Most people probably play too many tables and move up slowly because of that, or maybe it's just in my imagination :D

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know. Less learning and playing worse for sure. Most people probably play too many tables and move up slowly because of that, or maybe it's just in my imagination :D
^+1 last time i was at the level i'm at now i was 10-12 tableling for a whopping 10bb\100.Figured i would cut it down playing 5-6 now 28bb\100.Amazing how you can play the game when you have time to think.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When are those threads coming up? Sorry if it's been posted, it's late and not going to read all thread now

Well why don't you take the less tables side of the debate and do this topic with Jagsti?

Without people willing to do the threads this idea is dead no matter how many people want it to happen. Have to have people willing to put in the work.

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great Idea WVH!!! Can you edit your OP and add the links to the threads people have started, please?

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great Idea WVH!!! Can you edit your OP and add the links to the threads people have started, please?
Well I would except that when I moved the thread to General Poker, where it does belong, I lost my ability to managae the thread (no slanty powers in GP). Guess I could ask Daks for more powers!!! (insert evil laugh).

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok since this is Debates Area, I have a question, is it plausible to become SNE from 0 Vpps and also Mainly playing Mtt's Mid Buy-ins rather then Playing Rings? If that's Do Able, then lets make it more interesting, Playing Micro to Mid Games rather then Mid to High Buy-ins (Mtt wise only)?

I hope questions are allowed in the Debates area, Since I can't debate with you fine folks, I'd rather just ask and see your replys (I know I suck)

Not sure I understand the 1st bit here, but all SNE's players start off with 0 vpp's

I dont think it's possible to make SNE just playing standard MTT's.

It's definately possible playing the MTT 180/90/45/18 mans games if thats what you were referring to.

Well why don't you take the less tables side of the debate and do this topic with Jagsti?

Without people willing to do the threads this idea is dead no matter how many people want it to happen. Have to have people willing to put in the work.

I'm willing to either do a Jagsti v Jagsti debate on more v less tables or I can debate with Complex if you like.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
While I think a Jagsti v Jagsti debate would be great I think the thread might go better overall if Complex will do it.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I would except that when I moved the thread to General Poker, where it does belong, I lost my ability to managae the thread (no slanty powers in GP). Guess I could ask Daks for more powers!!! (insert evil laugh).
I know Dakota will take care of this cause she is AWESOME!!!

Last edited:
C

ComplexPlaya

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know Dakota will take care of this cause she is AWESOME!!!

I try to get out...but they pull me back in!!

That's what I get for not reading the thread properly before posting :p

Honestly we can do the debate but I'm a bit weary because I'm no expert on the subject, have very limited experience on it and such. But fine...Jagsti make the thread if you want to outlying your arguments first (yes, I'm too chicken to go first) and I'll post my incompetent stuff on the subject :D

DawgBones

DawgBones

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Excellent complex. And since you're willing to stick your neck out I would be willing to take the SNG side of SNG vs MTTs. If, as complex stated, the MTT argument went first. It's my understanding that this would just be a "why do you prefer SNGs as opposed to MTTs or cash." Yay or nay?

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Excellent complex. And since you're willing to stick your neck out I would be willing to take the SNG side of SNG vs MTTs. If, as complex stated, the MTT argument went first. It's my understanding that this would just be a "why do you prefer SNGs as opposed to MTTs or cash." Yay or nay?
I'll actually take the Cash side of this 3-way debate. Now we just need a MTT donk. KC would be perfect for this since he like wins them and stuff. I'll send him a PM to see if he has time.