Is Texas Hold'em Poker a Sport???

Blackchipp

Blackchipp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:confused:How do you see the Texas Holdem Poker? A Game or a Sport?

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
No, having a drink, scarffing down some snacks, with maybe a cigarette hanging out of your mouth while you sit on your butt is not a sport. It's a hobby, an activity, maybe a passion & for some it's a regular, or irregular source of income.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Game is most correct for me. Law in my country defines poker as cards game with elements of gambling which is in fact correct. You can not call sport a game where variance plays such huge role in short term.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my country poker is considered a sport by law, but I have doubt if I consider poker a sport because I usually associate sport to something physical.

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
More of a sport than a game. There is already a formulation of sports poker, if we are talking about a tournament. If it's cash, then it's a game.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If playing chess is considered a sport, then I see no reason not to consider poker as a sport. In my opinion, poker is a sport.

O

Ofarah

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would consider it a sport due to the mental and physical endurance it takes to complete a tournament. At the very least it is an “esport”.

Spielkind

Spielkind

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its a Sport, cause youll need - a good condition, a good brain and the power to win!! and Fairness and respect to your opponent!

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It is a card game in which you have to apply all your own resources (mental, emotional) to win.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
:confused:How do you see the Texas Holdem Poker? A Game or a Sport?

Yes, many magazines and websites have classified poker as a sport. But it is also said that if betting with money is considered gambling. I see it as a sport of mind and emotion rather than gambling

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What's the difference...the main thing is that you like poker :)

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Game of chance & acticipation..

Hold 'em poker is a game of chance, reaction, and anticipation. But you are not involved physically, you can do it sitting down.
Sports involve some physical element.. Even golf has physical elements that vary; the swing, the wind, hazards.
To summarize, poker is not a physical sport.

A

adueno81

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its not a sport. It uses extremely little energy. If anything it could be a sport for the mind.

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, Texas poker is still a game when it comes to online games. In offline games - completely different emotions, environment, and probably other strategies. Therefore, by some criteria, offline games can be equated to a type of sports competition.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Definitely not a sport, Kenzie explained it beautifully.

:top:
No, having a drink, scarffing down some snacks, with maybe a cigarette hanging out of your mouth while you sit on your butt is not a sport. It's a hobby, an activity, maybe a passion & for some it's a regular, or irregular source of income.
:rofl:

jkgotsit

jkgotsit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Live Poker Version is SPORT

*Sport **L:cool::cool:ive poker is a sport in my opinion. #1 Is not very physical still need to be able to go to war! It's a mental Warfare Time limit I like to know that I can understand 75% more about him. U can farr with math and patients but READING is knowing how to extract and minimize loss. Must have bankroll management. The best is who has the most!!! online poker i do say that may not be a sport. Its a version of the sport. **** LIVE****. Can deploy Reads to a higher extent. Math is the majority of OL poker I guess u can argue Esports video gamers are athletes. I don't. In my opinion, ESPN shows nothing but SPORTS They show multi-events per year. Started up live world series back in early 2000s started BooM :jd4:kgotsit gl all!!

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a game of mental ability in some countries it is considered a mental sport as it is in brazil and Costa Rica, but in most countries it is a card game linked to "chance" to what the players call it variance.
Personally, poker is 70% skill and 30% luck means that if we do things well we will have better results in the long term.
Well, if poker depends nothing more on chance, it is possible that there are no professional poker players, so in some countries that consider it a sport of mental ability like chess.

christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes, I think poker is a sport. Tournaments are a competition in which the best is determined, there is a standings, among all the participants who took one place or another, and also, like in sports, those players who performed best win money.
can you tell me what about the luck factor in poker? I can say that in sports you need luck, you can't win without it. even the strongest athlete who is a head taller and stronger than others needs everything to work out to win
if the player is the strongest, this does not mean that he will constantly beat the weak or will constantly win for each strong one, there will be stronger and weaker in poker.