Texas Holdem/Omaha variation

J

Jemmer

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been playing Texas Holdem, and online poker for some time! I like to think that I am a skilled player, and that these are games of skill!!! But because of how LUCK focused they are, and how easy it is for anyone to win has made them so popular!!! So I came up with an idea for a Variation where instead of getting to play ALL of the board cards, what if you could only play three? You could still use both Holdem and Omaha as the template and it would take away some of the LUCK factor, and give betting and bluffing more significance!!! Because to me poker is/should be about Betting and Bluffing not just catching cards, or going all in with nothing and winning!!! Because that is getting REALLY OLD!!! Just an idea!

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
You name 2 different types of poker Holdem and Omaha, so in Holdem you can use all board cards, but with Omaha it is a bit different because you use 2 from the hand and 3 from the board. Whether this then takes away the lucky factor or that you no longer meet people who simply play with nothing is very unlikely. But maybe I didn't understand you correctly either.

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I can play both Hold'em and Omaha, but 95% of my playing time is Hold'em. Easier to understand, less dispersion

Live Dealer Holdem - Texas Holdem Poker Rules