Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

quads

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Started to bring this terrible year playing online poker back in mid October to mid November recovering $6,500.00 of my $21,300.00 losses. Made a serious push from mid November to now and closing out for rest of the year with a total negative of ($23,792.00)

Was starting to recover sticking to what I like to play, sit and goes, and tournaments, but made big mistake trying hard to recover playing cash games. Blew $7,000.00 in cash games in less then three weeks.

My worst year ever playing poker. I played at pokerstars this whole year, with the ease of getting money to and from the site. Now even that is looking harder to do considering PayTru is gone. I did Western Union a few times, but the hassle is not worth it. E-check still has me on 2k max for 30 days, waiting for approval to larger limits. The whole situation is becoming annoying and is getting under my skin. (At least for now anyhow) When I need funds I just want to click and go. Maybe next year I’ll dabble online again.

Not looking for any help here, just giving a heads up on my terrible year. I know where I screwed up. As bad as this is I’m still a 6 digit positive playing online overall after 6 years.

Happy Holidays to everyone and hope everyone has a Healthy and Great “2008”

premierplayer

premierplayer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I blew like 2k or 3k this year. All contributed to terrible bankroll management. I guess its an expensive lesson in poker.. and blackjack lol.

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im up maybe $1000 since nov, but im a noob.

L

lottomode777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Instead of making my own thread, I'll just add my report card to yours.

This is my first year of poker, which wasn't too great for me either (started first playing in January 2007) and I'm already down somewhere between $1500 and $2000 so far. I don't want to be in any rush to recover it. In fact, I find myself studying more, watching online tournaments of all buy ins, and cash game players of mostly mid/high stakes (since Scotty Nguyen and Layne Flack got their experience from dealing), final table replays on Stars, saving hand histories of important hands I see people play to showdown and analyze their plays/betting patterns, reading online articles and threads. Took most of the summer, about whole month of November, and a two week break this month off from playing any poker. I put in too many hours playing in August to September, with very sluggish results due to seeing more bad beats and tilting more. Seeing a lot of former high stakes pro's go broke/drop down on full tilt poker has made me reassess how volatile this game is even for the best players. Next year, I plan to play even less poker, but play even better for the few tournaments and ring sessions I put in.

premierplayer

premierplayer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lotto, its nice to hear from someone who is in the same boat as me. I know that I am a pretty good player. I did place far in two MTT's which wasn't luck. After winning 800 and 1200 in those tournies there is no reason for me to be broke right now except for my own dumbass bankroll management. I played too high of limits and got hit hard. I tried to clean it up but I found myself only depositing 25-50 at a time which is not good for .10/.25. I need to find some time to throw on 500$ and say this is it you better not lose it. Only thing is I have to pay off the credit cards 1st. I still am kicking myself in the ass for not withdrawing 1K of my winnings. Hang in there its a new year.

L

lottomode777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's tempting to play higher limits than your bankroll can allow, and also when you want to chase your losses after bad sessions and miracle suckouts when you're deep in MTT's. Which is why I am going to force myself to fall in love with the 24hr self exclusion feature and maybe even the 7 day, if need be, until I am a disciplined enough player to not need it. I played a little bit of Blackjack before I played Hold em, but quickly grew out of that for good.

MrDaMan

MrDaMan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's not the new year yet so things could change before my cutoff date, but here's my record according to my journal for 2007.

I've invested 1970.00, and won 4460.00 in tournament play.
I've cashed in 91 tournaments and Final Tabled 19

Of the 4460.00, live winnings were subtracted from my investment, online winnings were applied to either cash games or more tournament play so they are not subtracted from my original investments ... or added for positive ledger unless withdrawn.

So for this year so far I'm 1970.00 in the negative but it's the best year I've had in the 4 years I've been keeping a journal. It's still close enough that I "could" end up in the positive before 2008 but I'm not going to chase it. Staying within my BRM has had its positive effects this year and I'm sticking with it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.