Temper during a tournament

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The nearer I approach the final table, the more I start to get nervous and play more cautiously and carefully. I try not to look in the tournament lobby that did not know how close I am to the prizes. It always interferes make the right decisions. When I sit down in the last table I try not to think about the prize money.But still, the idea of a prize, I'm really at the moment I have already in my pocket, I climb into his head.

G

Gektor610

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gektor 610

I always stay calm, until I get felted with KK. Pretty much everytime. Then I yell. Then Im calm again.

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yesterday I seen a player on Poker Tube that gave me a good example of what tilt looks like and what a player can do when they get tilted. This young man got beat with As full by quads on the river. I really felt his pain when he jumped up and took a pool stick and beat hell out everything on his computer table. You know what? Tilt could even be dangerous from what I saw. He finally calmed down, and the first thing he did was to go see if his computer was still working. A 10 minute break outside could have saved his computer and $500 if he did break it. One more thing and I will shut up. I been there, and I'm glad I can take the bad with the good these days. But don't get me wrong, because I do tilt a little, but most of the time, it's gone by the time the next hand dealt, and I didn't even think about breaking something. GL to you

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should have consistency and stay focus.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I must admit, I lose it sometimes.

V

vassiriki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this week it's been phenomenal. i lost with better hands %80 of the time i believe. kk vs ak, a4 vs T6, ak vs aq, ak vs aj and many more!!!!! i was tilted for 2 mins but then i was ok but then i was out of the tournaments so i could've been tilted longerrr!!!!!

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
try reading "Mental game of poker"
it's not something uber fresh or mind opengly new, but maybe it can help you out... put somethings into perspective

zubastik

zubastik

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
while I am not in the prizes,especially good,I am calm like a boa constrictor,but only I should see sums when winning,I'm starting to get blunt

F

fordman427

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can normally stay calm but sometimes I will get stressed and have to regain my calmness lol

Ahoy

Ahoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to stay calm and mainly focused. Many things can distract me while playing so I try to keep my head cool and my mind clear. I tend to listen to some classic music to calm my soul and this way I can play for hours. But I must not eat anything during a game because this way I get really distracted and then I do a lot of mistakes