• Start date
I

internetstalker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dunno if this has been done before?

But a thread to share any good "tells" stories.

hands where you've made correct reads or managed to bluff someone off by giving a false tell!

I'll start off:

I was in late position with a real aggressive player to my right, He raised and I re raised him with a KQs. The Button looked at his cards really quickly and put em down ( iremember thinking, they must be paired coz he didn't have to look at them and remember them IYSWIM)

Next thing I know he re raised.

aggresive player called and I folded putting the button on AA.

Flop came down K high all the money ended up going in and button won the pot with his AA (aggresive had KJo) I hadn't been playing that long and it was the first time I ever used a tell to help me in a hand!

I was chuffed with my self for saving the money!

martygokona

martygokona

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One tell that picked up was a guy that always bit his lower lip when he was contemplating a good hand. No wonder it's common to see people cover their mouth ala Chris Ferguson. I also pay attention to people who are reaching for chips before it comes around to them.

Y

ysmisc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The biggest mistake I made is to ask "who is next" when I have a good hand as I am so anxious to play it :), after 2 times making this mistake I am trying now to keep a passive face in live games or to play slowly in online games - It does not always work... :)

I

internetstalker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One tell that picked up was a guy that always bit his lower lip when he was contemplating a good hand. No wonder it's common to see people cover their mouth ala Chris Ferguson. I also pay attention to people who are reaching for chips before it comes around to them.[/quote]

I often do this when i'm gonna bluff to make it look like i love my hand

S

SankTheTank

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't look at my cards until it's my turn. I use the time before action gets to me to observe the other players to see what they are doing (reaching for chips early, facial expressions, quickly looking at cards, covering their cards with their palm, eye rolls, going deep into thought, ect.)

TrashmanAce

TrashmanAce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I once played this chick and when she would loose she would take a article of clothing off. I Tells you what man that was a great game.

Yup Reefer to my sinature for the substance whithin this post.

R

rockpoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I congratulate you, you made a great reading of the players and it save his money; when there are many players in the table I have problems with the reading, but in one table of 6 max. players I develop a better play.

Regards! :cool:

K

kidpoker410

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:eek: 600$ buyin 4 handed down to final 2 players in the sb i pick up a6os. blinds at 300/600 (sng style each starting with 10k)

Hero:a6os
Villan:55

I raise the sb to 1850 villan reraises me to 4500. i call flop comes k69 rainbow. i check villan shoves. when he said all in i could he a crackle in his voice. i call he shows 55. turn k. river 7. gg villan. ez 2k.

Tells can be anywhere. From someones vein on their neck throbbing to knocking chips over. leaning back/forward in your chair. chewing gum and occasionally stopping when looking down at big cards. its just a matter or recognizing someones patters and mix that with the betting its a very hard game to lose.

I hear a lot about timing tells. Most people dont think that they exist online. But in fact u can tell a lot of info from the time it takes to make a certain size bet if u mix the facts together. the bet size/the pot/ and the time taken are all easy ways to get a good read on someone. value bets are often thought about for way too long, and usually the quick overbets are a big donkey bluff. In fact i believe a lot of people make horrible calls online due to the amount of time that uve taken to bet.

Also. dont fall for the morons who like to use fulltilt disconnect feature to draw more action. if u see anyone who is purposly disconnecting report them to fulltilt for abuse. ive reported more then 10 donkeys this week for it in cash sng's/trnys. Using the d/c they try to piss people off and usually do it when action is on them. then they d/c and come back with a raise or a shove. :eek:

C

corrado363

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
get caros book of poker tells if you want some real good tells. if there were 100 in the book you could easily use 95 of them

Poker Tells