Tell me a truth and a lie that you believed when you first got to know poker.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If you want to evolve in poker, you need to study the game thoroughly.

And the big lie is that you only need to invest 4 hours of your day to make a living from poker.

Is that you? What do you tell me?

Sulfuros001

Sulfuros001

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Truth and a Lie

Ok the true thing i used to think about before playing poker thats only psychiatrists and people with good body language reading are the best at the table... Well that's kinda true when it comes to live poker.

The lie : all people that play poker are bad, killers and have guns lol... When it's not.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
It takes years of hard daily work to make a living playing poker. I think 4 hours a day is the minimum. But this is the minimum only if you have more than 10 years of experience.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree that in order to achieve excellent results in poker and in any business it is necessary to live with it for a long time (not talking about geniuses, this is a separate category).
But out of all my friends, no one devotes so much time to learning (even 4 hours) poker, we all hope for luck.

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
mafiots plays poker only : the lie!

truth: the people who knows things like pyscology, reading people looks and stuff like this ussually can have a boost over the ones that dont know such things. poker is complex game indeed haha no wonder theres few that always win

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

And the big lie is that you only need to invest 4 hours of your day to make a living from poker.

Lie: You can study the poker - i mean, you become profitable - only read, watch & follow the mainstream poker 'education' stuff out there. Personally, I think, it is the biggest lie in poker, but many believe it. This generates a big percentage of new players and fishes. And at the very beginning for a short period, i believed it, too.

Truth: The above is a lie.

Anyway, 4 hours easily can be enough, i know personally guys, whose play only 4-8 hours on the weekends and make a living from poker. Of course, they are low/medium level cg players. For tourney, sng players on that level, obviously it is not possible. (talking about online, i have just ideas about live, probably live it is not enough time even in cg, under medium level.)

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I play poker for about a 'century', believe me, this is a true really lie.:D

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
The truth I know is that success requires patience and discipline. And I never took lies into account.
Good luck.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Ok the true thing i used to think about before playing poker thats only psychiatrists and people with good body language reading are the best at the table... Well that's kinda true when it comes to live poker.

The lie : all people that play poker are bad, killers and have guns lol... When it's not.

It's true lol

Before really getting to know poker, I believed in the commercial image of cinema for poker.

Many still believe in this version lol

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
The lie is you always have to go allin with AA
The truth is that any hand can win against AA

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Before knowing the game when I was a beginner I used to think that poker was a game of luck and more value than other players and it is not like that.

Over time I realized that poker requires a lot of practice, study and patience to be a winner and you have to invest a lot of time in the game every day you learn something new in poker.

It is a psychological and strategy game that will pay off in the long run.

S

sibird

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Sorry if i disagree with you. To me:
The big truth is: It only takes 3 or 4 hours of play to make a living from the poker.
The big lie is: Poker is gambling and depends on luck.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

The truth is that I have a long way to go to make a living from poker and it is a lie to believe that with a short time playing I am already a PRO. hahaha greetings !!!

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i seriously believed that i would win the Sunday Storm tournament and buy a car

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
The lie:
Poker is gambling and you will loose your house and all your money with it.
Actually, in my opinion poker can be profitable, when you have a good bankroll management, dig some into the game theory, play enough and with reasonable manner. Avoid tilting or learn how to cope with tilt.

The truth:
Poker is gambling. Some people really loose a lot of money with it. They can't control them self. And they play poker like a gambling game. They do not make any thoughts about how to become profitable with poker and they do not treat buy-ins like a serious invest.
It is a sad truth, but it is also true about poker.

S

seraxel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The lie: People who have been playing for a while know what they are doing.

Truth: Took me a while to realize some people are just really good at being terrible players

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The lie is you always have to go allin with AA
The truth is that any hand can win against AA

I was extremely curious.

In which situation you don't go all in with AA?

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Sorry if i disagree with you. To me:
The big truth is: It only takes 3 or 4 hours of play to make a living from the poker.
The big lie is: Poker is gambling and depends on luck.

So that I understand your answer.

How many Bengali Taka does it take for you to live well in a month?

jadaminato

jadaminato

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The truth: with study you can become a winner player.
The lie: in 2 years you can become a highstakes player

S

sibird

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So that I understand your answer.

How many Bengali Taka does it take for you to live well in a month?

Say around 30 to 40 thousand Taka per month or roughly about 300 to 400 Dollars if living in city corporations.
In villages it would be 10 to 20 thousand Taka.
In Bangladesh living espenses are low as compared to other countries. You can have a 2 litre (family size) bottle of Sprite or 7up with just about one dollar.

Poker Tells