Taking a rest

louuu19

louuu19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually keep playing keep playing cash or registering in tournaments until I lose a significant amount of money or I'm completely tired. Is there an optimal time to stop playing?

Jamil

Jamil

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
If you can control yourself and be able to take a break, let it be in the middle of the week, just play the weekends

S

Sopt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SI
Chips
Usually it's best to pay attention to how you are playing.
Are you losing money because of your bad play? Then it's time to take a break.
Are you losing money, even though you are making all the right plays? It's just variance, but you might as well take a break if you're not feeling it.
Sadly you'll have to find your own answer to it as there is no golden rule on when to stop.

I myself usually just stop when I see I'm playing bad. (Sometimes I see that way too late hehe)

Rost

Rost

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I usually keep playing keep playing cash or registering in tournaments until I lose a significant amount of money or I'm completely tired. Is there an optimal time to stop playing?
Spending limit per game session. My limit is currently three dollars. That is, I play in three tournaments with a buy-in of $ 1 and regardless of the results, I end my game session. Discipline should always come first.

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
The player must be organized in setting a daily schedule of games in order not to play more than his energy and this leads to a loss .

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
it's best to play when you feel strong and have the time and desire to play if you are tired, it's better to go do other things because the game will not bring the pleasure you need when you play tired take a break you always have to play only when you have the time and desire and sometimes relax if you want you can play on weekends and this will give you more money

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you feel like the clown of the game maybe you need to stop.

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Or you can just set yourself a limit on losing, after which you take a break from the game.

For example, the daily limit is 3 stacks when it comes to cash games. And if there were several days in a row losing 3 or more stacks, then take a longer break, for example 3 days or even a week.

Everyone must choose convenient limits for himself and adhere to the chosen system in a disciplined manner.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes before that happens. On a more serious note some sites like pokerstars allow you to set daily playing time limits. If you have this problem, maybe that can be a usefull feature for you? Playing time limits definitely work better with cash games or SnGs than with MTTs, where they can before an annoying limitation, since you obviously dont want to be forced to log out in the middle of a final table.

So maybe give up on MTTs for now and focus on either cash or SnGs. This in itself is also a way to get better results, since the strategy needed for cash games and tournaments is quite different. And if you have accounts on different sites, then withdraw your funds from all but one of them, so you are not tempted to log onto a different site and continue playing there, when the playing time limit has been reached ;)

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Whenever I start thinking about anything other than poker while I'm playing then that's my signal to get out and do whatever I'm thinking about, since that's where my mind seems to be. It saves me $ in the long run.

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
If you just keep losing money then it is time to temporarely stop playing. The word "playing" refers to a "game", and games are supposed to give you fun. If you get no fun, just frustration, stop temporarely.
In the meantime, learn more poker, there are plenty of materials out there.
Then come back, play less and be more focussed