luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
1. before you start playing poker or accept the possibility that you can lose everything

2. do you complain about poker because you see that others win a lot of money but you can't

3. it is always good to remember that it is only my choice what I do

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Aren't we like an unhappy child when we once again complain about poker failures

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
We already know what is right and what is not, but it is human nature to be dissatisfied and want something more and better. Happy New Year to all cardschat fans!

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It is also Human Nature to blame everything else when games don't go the way we want them too, Like Saying this Site is "Rigged" or I am playing against a "Bot" etc. Accepting responsibility for our own mistakes is the first step towards being a better player, Stop being a Victim and you will become the Victor.
Learn from your own mistakes and you will get better at the game, trying to beat better players with pure dumb luck just doesn't work. Skill is the real key to being a successful player.
If you can spot your own leaks in playing Poker then you have the ability to plug those Leaks, and get better results, If you are too aggressive and enter too many hands with garbage, then tighten your game a little, try playing less hands and be more selective in the hands you are playing,
Doyle Brunson made one hand his signature, 10/2 and whenever I get that dealt to me I always think how he won 2 World Series with that hand, then I immediately fold it, because I am not Doyle Brunson.
BUT I have played it sometimes when having it dealt to me on the BB and facing no raises, I have won with it not due to being a great player but I know every hand can win, and even the best starting hands can get beaten, but I don't make it a regular hand I would normally play.
Going back to basics, and starting fresh never hurts, Try the 30 day Course on Cardschat and even if you feel the early lessons are something you already know stick with them, because there may be some valuable information you might have missed.
I have been playing Poker myself for over 20 years and still learned some things from the Course, I also have books on Poker I have already read from cover to cover, but I do go back to them when I start losing more than I win to refresh my memory and try and spot where I am going wrong.
Always remember- Poker is a Marathon, not a Sprint Race! it works for me.

franciscomos

franciscomos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
O Man I get really lost with your post lol, I agree with taking sugar away from kids, but if it is a reference about poker yes you're right we have to face the consequences of the game and also have to know and accept how good we are on it

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips

franciscomos

The idea is that watching how a child reacts when you take away the long-awaited and desired candy can be compared to US poker players when we lose
good luck at the poker tables in the new year

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It is dangerous to take candy from children. Children are now very nervous, they can even knock out your teeth.
For me, poker is just a hobby, and I have no vain hopes for this pastime. I play because it's fun, and if I'm lucky enough to win a lot of money, it'll be even more fun :)

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
1. before you start playing poker or accept the possibility that you can lose everything

2. do you complain about poker because you see that others win a lot of money but you can't

Have you ever been to an "AA" meeting? Some of the, so called, best life lessons/adages come from there. They have a prayer that they say at every meeting, the "serenity prayer". It goes like this:
"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference".
This is entirely true in poker, imo.

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
We love our kids so we want the best for them, we love poker so we're looking for the best here

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Why could I risk to lose 'everything'?
I practice using bankroll Management when I play poker. For tournaments I like to have a minimum of 200 buyins for the level I play at. (and actually I prefer closer to 400 buyins). For cash game, 'it depends', for some stakes and some sites I'm fine with 10 to 15 buyins, other sites & stakes I don't feel comfortable unless I have at least 30 buyins.
It's possible for me to be down 300 buyins but not likely because I also take responsibility for my game via studying

gjwalk

gjwalk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

You can only lose what you bring to the game, I don't think anyone should play if there's a chance they could lose everything.
There's no use complaining. Practice good Bankroll strategy and step down to lower stakes if you're not winning. This forum is a great place to start if you want to improve your game.
Since our choices affect others in our lives, we should keep that in mind.
Good luck in your poker journey!

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Sometimes I try to think good thoughts while playing poker and it helps me to concentrate.