Switching formats.

vox1er

vox1er

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I've been thinking of switching to cash games recently mainly 6max but also like to play HUNL as my current main game is mtt.

Anyway what would be the best course of action to proceed playing a decent sample at cash ? would just watching videos be better short term so you know tendencies of player pools know how other think etc?

C

CJWilliam

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Cash is a totally different animal than MTTs, I would suggest studying videos or streamers that play cash. GL on switching gears to open up your game to different styles!

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you watch the video, then only the limits of the players you play. The trends of the limit game from the limit are completely different. How to achieve the game at a decent level? Everything is individual here, but the best option is to work with a coach (unless you play microlimits). Good luck, but great patience. In my experience you really need it.;)

D

donkey2019

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why a coach

can you not rely on your own natural abilities to win at the game?

i mean its a hands on thing
you can have all the training you like but at the end of it all.
when it is your turn to act only you can make that decision and i do not mean this as in (dont accept feedback about your game)

but if you are going to need some one to tell you what to do then you may aswell quit and let them play for you.

sorry my opinion may come on a bit strong but thats just my take on this topic

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when I have a lot of time, I play in tournaments and cash games and play well for myself and try to win in any game format, but if you play well and win in tournaments, then you better continue to play in tournaments, and then maybe You will not win in a cash game, and you will constantly lose. Good luck in your games and no matter what format you play!

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

when it is your turn to act only you can make that decision and i do not mean this as in (dont accept feedback about your game)

but if you are going to need some one to tell you what to do then you may aswell quit and let them play for you.

It is clear that the coach will not get rid of the lack of poker thinking and tilt, the coach will direct your self-study in the right direction, saving your nerve cells and money, and most importantly time.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tiger Woods

This might help.

Tiger Woods when he was at his best crushing everyone was asked why do you have a swing coach? His response, " I cannot see myself swing"

Seems a simple thing but he is referring to minute errors that when multiplied by distance become significant. Example: if his drives are off 1 inch per yard at three hundred yards he misses by 300 inches or 25 feet.

No limit holdem, one mistake can mean several buy ins lost. Repeated errors thousands of dollars lost or left on the table. There is no linear way to be perfect at poker. A poker coach is the quickest way to evaluate your current poker practices and possibly introduce you to new practices or make you aware of current poker practices by the player pool that you have no experience with.

Hope that helps.
:)

D

donkey2019

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok

It is clear that the coach will not get rid of the lack of poker thinking and tilt, the coach will direct your self-study in the right direction, saving your nerve cells and money, and most importantly time.

Now I understand better what you meant. Thankyou for clarifying tht