The Swings oh The swings

damon789

damon789

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey you degenerate gamblers,
I gotta tell ya this game we call poker can definately bend your mind into a pretzel. Just when you think you got it all worked out...Bam! then the second guessing starts Am i playing Bad? No Im as good as I have ever been. Better than 6 months ago! Its the Villians they are the catalyst for my pain :)
I am starting to realise that the cards arent conspiring against me at my low ebbs And The pokergods arent kissing me on the D..k when im on a rush. It's just the nature of this game Ed miller had a great piece of advice that i just love "concerntrate on the decisions ignore the results" how simple huh? If only it was that easy. We are as human beings emotional we tilt, we dont allow our egos to fold that Prem on the turn when the Villan is betting into us and it's so clear we are beaten. Poker is about logic not emotion How true.
Hey something just occured to me. Most of us that gravitate to a gambling game like poker, are by our very nature obsessive. maybe that's why poker causes us (as obsessive emotional players), so much internal turmoil. Kind of takes the reason we want to play the game in the first place, and turns it against us.
Another concept that warms the cockels of my heart, and helps me get rid of that burning sensation in the back of my head ,after my overpair gets cracked for the 3rd time is. As poker players we must look at our results as a whole. After all, I wanna still be playing poker when im 80( im 35 btw) so really life is like one long poker session. ignore short term fluctuations concerntrate on the decisions. And the the long range results will take care of themselves Gl at the tables Damon789 a.k.a Steamer107

Last edited:
jolubman

jolubman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Several months I have had 15 straight loses and still ended up making money that month. That many loses in a row drives me crazy but that's poker.