Yes if you beat 95% of the rest.

M

Magallaneroy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
VE
Chips
No . The conditions are not yet in place. But in the future that is my Plan.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Theoretically, you can feed yourself by playing poker if you switch to three meals a day - Monday, Wednesday, Friday!

S

Sopt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SI
Chips
Based on you asking this question here I'd say no. Gl if you plan to go for it tho.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Can I support myself with poker?
Poker can be a source of additional income. Your results primarily depend only on you, on your patience and discipline. Luck is also an important factor, but I think that a player who wants to become profitable should first of all focus on his own skills.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is highly unlikely - don't even think about trying it until you know the answer is yes.

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
If you are compromised with this goal and improve your skills everyday, you have the probability to achieve this goal, but you need to control your bankroll and face the badbeats in right way, but maintain your life in balance.
Good luck.

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is possible but highly unlikely. There is no guarantee income from poker, could you survive months of a down swing. I look at any winnings from poker as savings that goes towards luxury items.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Your question is not clear, but the question is can you make a profit from poker? If so, yes. Just study, have discipline and patience.

tony2521

tony2521

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
First of all you must master the game, have discipline, a lot of patience, master your emotions and make a work plan, because that is what it would be, a job.

You must define what your investment will be, how many hours a day you will work and where you will do it, what your average profit per day would be, what your loss per day would be that you could afford, and if you need to invest again, analyze if it is really worth doing so. .

All these tips are if you want to try to make a living from poker, it is not easy but if you are good and able to control yourself and master all these points, you could do it.

Nothing is impossible in this life!

Baoka

Baoka

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
If poker brings you a lot of money

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you enjoy the game and the money

Achrarock

Achrarock

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
MA
Chips
Success in poker requires a combination of skill, strategy, and discipline. Continuous learning, bankroll management, and emotional control are key aspects. It's possible to make a living, but it also involves risk.

broncho

broncho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
EC
Chips
Well, diving into the world of poker to support yourself is a bit like stepping into a high-stakes game. It's definitely possible for some people, but it comes with its fair share of risks. First and foremost, you need a solid understanding of the game, not just the rules but the strategy, psychology, and the ability to adapt.

Bankroll management becomes crucial. Treating poker as a profession means having the discipline to handle wins and losses without letting emotions take over. It's not a guaranteed paycheck, and there will be ups and downs.

Consider starting part-time and gradually increasing your commitment as you gain confidence and experience. Networking with other players, seeking advice, and staying up-to-date with the evolving poker landscape are essential.

It's a challenging path, and success isn't guaranteed, but for some, it's a thrilling journey that combines passion with the potential for financial rewards. Just be prepared for the rollercoaster ride that is professional poker!

R

rufininha14

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
In the beginning, if you dedicate yourself to playing and studying, you will definitely be able to make a living from poker, draw up strategies and play several games.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
If you play a lot, and sometimes even force yourself to do it, when you would rather be doing something else, you will soon begin to associate poker more and more with work than with an exciting game.It's cool to have such an unusual job, even if your announcement that you're a professional poker player gets mixed reactions.Poker can make you happy, good luck in this attempt to turn your life into a fairy tale.

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Depends on the quality of life you want and what it costs...

If you wanna live in a cardboard box and not eat 3 solid meals a day and have the quality of life of basically a bum maybe. <----No one smart would do this.

Before anyone can actually give you an answer one would have to know what the cost of a decent quality of life in brazil and how much taxes you'd need to pay....As a micro/low stakes winning player the last 20 years I'm gonna guess micro/low stakes isn't close to enough.

In canada(no taxes so they say) the wording of that law though makes me think otherwise if I was a huge long term winner without a job. To have the quality of life I currently have I'd need to make 70k-80k+/yr(6 figures if I end up paying taxes) and my wife works and adds to that total. Without her working or if I was single that's easy 150k+. Trust me a real job is easier and less work then making that much $$$ online. If making that much at online poker was easier I'd been doing it long ago.

Cheers!!!

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think a lot depends on your desire. It is very difficult and requires a lot of patience and discipline. And only you will be responsible for what happens to you.

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It depends on how much money you need for this. If we talk about $50 or $100 a month, then it is quite real. If we talk about $500 or $1000 a month, it is quite difficult, but also quite real. It all depends only on you :)

CataRouillet

CataRouillet

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think maybe with a few years of experience and being a regular winning player you could. But only few people can do it.

5TR8 FLUSH

5TR8 FLUSH

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I wouldn't suggest trying to play poker for a living. Seems too difficult.

FeltPimp

FeltPimp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on how much money you need for this. If we talk about $50 or $100 a month, then it is quite real. If we talk about $500 or $1000 a month, it is quite difficult, but also quite real. It all depends only on you :)
Best answer imo.

elchonga

elchonga

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I want to firmly believe that yessss