superstitions and poker

Cowboy8112

Cowboy8112

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We have all seen the little icons that alot of poker players use as card covers or for luck. My question is, Do any of you have a certain item that you always have with you when you play, online, realtime or both?

I do, I have a ring that I won in my very first tournament win in Lompoc, Ca. I don't really think it brings me all that much luck since I am still a rancher that plays poker instead of a poker player that used to ranch. However, I never play a game online or in real life with out it.

ythelongface

ythelongface

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i used to have one, but i quit using it. an old silver dollar. i was spending so much time putting on the cards, and taking it off the cards that it got to be more trouble than it was worth for me. also i like to be the shadow at the table, and something like that just brings attention to me. i dont mind to talk at the table but i dont wanna have a lengthy conversation about my coin and where i got it, and how much is it worth, and do you wanna sell it...next thing you know im spending more time on this than i am watching my tourney and thats not good.

Steveg1976

Steveg1976

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My computer desk is in the middle of sacramental ring. I burn incense and sprinkle sacrmental wine around the room every night before playing. If I take a bad beat then I offer a blood sacrifce to the poker gods while chanting in Aramiac....

Not really, I drink lots of soda and eat cheetohs

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Superstitions are bad luck, IMO.

W

Woodyspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, stuff like that doesn't matter all that matters is who your playing with. Like ythelongface said it tends to distract from play. I'd rather focus on my oppents then them focus on me.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am extremely superstitious. I think it's extremely unlucky to make plays that will lose you money in the long run.