Super poker player

killing_random

killing_random

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Recently I remembered a couple of films I watched as a kid, called "Mercury Rising" and also "Rain Man".

And I began to wonder, how people with Savant syndrome (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savant_syndrome) would perfom at poker.

Maybe there some instances already known?

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Recently I remembered a couple of films I watched as a kid, called "Mercury Rising" and also "Rain Man".

And I began to wonder, how people with Savant syndrome (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savant_syndrome) would perfom at poker.

Maybe there some instances already known?

Many would argue Stu Ungar was one of the best card players ever.

He dominated gin (from a very young age) before turning to poker. Ungar had a genius level IQ, a photographic memory and was regarded as a savant.

M

Mariadelaluz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like Mercury Rising.

killing_random

killing_random

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many would argue Stu Ungar was one of the best card players ever.

He dominated gin (from a very young age) before turning to poker. Ungar had a genius level IQ, a photographic memory and was regarded as a savant.

:cheers: gin?

B

bioman420

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do believe that there can be super poker players, but poker goes beyond photographic memory and ingenious calculation skills, beyond that persistence and resilience is the key to success.

mushthebush

mushthebush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I'm down for gin, peppermint, lemon, tonic.

Good question, although savants seem to care more about universe, science and whatever. I mean, it defies the definition of intellectual genius considering they could earn a fortune grinding the micros at rush&cash instead of wasting their time watching stars.

I go the humble way and blame my luck on the parallel universe. My mum must've brought me into the wrong one.