SUITED NOT SOOTED

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
cant beat abit 38sooted or k7sooted in the home games....what soots you sir :)

sooooooooooooooted

Samango

Samango

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
FYP
I'll assume you're a sooted fan?

Is that a statement or a question?

The ellipsis is a pause for effect, it's not a new sentence, so... no capital M on the word more. (Nice work with the full stop though)

I understand that you may not have realized that (nearly) everyone was using sooted for comic or sarcastic effect, but by now you should know that it doesn't break down into fans and non-fans, but rather into people who understand what has been written and those that don't.

Also, probably not a good idea to try to play the grammar guys at their own game — we've actually been very lenient with your first sentence.

"Okay(,) so this is a quick and rather useless threat(thread?), but I figured I'd take a moment (present tense) and educated (past tense) what seems to be a majority (plural) of forum user (singular)."

CrockPot

CrockPot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is that a statement or a question?

The ellipsis is a pause for effect, it's not a new sentence, so... no capital M on the word more. (Nice work with the full stop though)

I understand that you may not have realized that (nearly) everyone was using sooted for comic or sarcastic effect, but by now you should know that it doesn't break down into fans and non-fans, but rather into people who understand what has been written and those that don't.

Also, probably not a good idea to try to play the grammar guys at their own game — we've actually been very lenient with your first sentence.

"Okay(,) so this is a quick and rather useless threat(thread?), but I figured I'd take a moment (present tense) and educated (past tense) what seems to be a majority (plural) of forum user (singular)."
You're right I'll stick to my own game, poker. You stick to yours, grammar. I did get you on the CrockPot though, as it is not "Crock Pot", but "CrockPot".
I'll also assume you're the leader of the Grammar Nazi Party, or the Grammar Army Police.

Last edited:
AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your right I'll stick to my own game, poker. You stick to yours, grammar. I did get you on the CrockPot though, as it is not "Crock Pot", but "CrockPot".
I'll also assume your the leader of the Grammar Nazi Party, or the Grammar Army Police.

You're ..

Last edited:
AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What's wrong with "yours"? I believe that to be proper. Ex. "Up yours".

hehehehehehehehehehehehehe aaaaaah...look crock, at the end of the day, you cant even get you're right. that is a big pet peeve of mine and it makes me want to jump off bridges.

you're your is more bridge worthy than the sooted imo :)

CrockPot

CrockPot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well grammar heathens and Nazi's, I want to thank you all. The reason I am thanking you all is because so far this thread has taught me more about proper grammar than all three ****ing years of high school English.
The whole sooted thing was just a cover up, this thread is just a cry for help from my grammar.

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there's no point correcting your spelling errors sir crock. Its still there in the quoted post lol...

tbf though, if YOU'RE going to be peeved about a spelling that is deliberately done then you need avoid spelling mistakes that are genuinely done.

CrockPot

CrockPot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hehehehehehehehehehehehehe aaaaaah...look crock, at the end of the day, you cant even get you're right. that is a big pet peeve of mine and it makes me want to jump off bridges.

you're your is more bridge worthy than the sooted imo :)
When did I get your wrong? I think you're tilting at the moment. I also think you should really reconsider the bridge thing people love you. Think how sad the forum would be. Plus it would take all the news coverage and publicity I would get from jumping off my own bridge away if you did it too. Then the "suited" issue may never reach the awareness level that is needed to successfully eradicated it. :(

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well grammar heathens and Nazi's, I want to thank you all. The reason I am thanking you all is because so far this thread has taught me more about proper grammar than all three ****ing years of high school English.
The whole sooted thing was just a cover up, this thread is just a cry for help from my grammar.

do you mean 'for'?

also, calling us nazi's isn't very nice is it. we are just all going over some pet peeves that are incredibly annoying. and you are welcome...or you're welcome..whatever you prefer :)

CrockPot

CrockPot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why'd the ****ing part get censored, I thought we could drop the F-bomb as long as it was indiscriminate?

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When did I get your wrong? I think you're tilting at the moment. I also think you should really reconsider the bridge thing people love you. Think how sad the forum would be. Plus it would take all the news coverage and publicity I would get from jumping off my own bridge away if you did it too. Then the "suited" issue may never reach the awareness level that is needed to successfully eradicated it. :(

your editing skills are epic......see, i managed to get the correct usage of 'your' into my reply....now thats real skills right there... :D

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTED...tilted yet?

'your suited' would tilt me

CrockPot

CrockPot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
do you mean 'for'?

also, calling us nazi's isn't very nice is it. we are just all going over some pet peeves that are incredibly annoying. and you are welcome...or you're welcome..whatever you prefer :)
No, my grammar is calling for help from deep down inside me. That's why I said "from". Sorry, sorry everyone I forgot how much the Brits get worked up over "Nazi".

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why'd the ****ing part get censored, I thought we could drop the F-bomb as long as it was indiscriminate?

you must have spelt it wrong, and cc was doing you a favour by covering it up. :)

CrockPot

CrockPot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
your editing skills are epic......see, i managed to get the correct usage of 'your' into my reply....now thats real skills right there... :D

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTED...tilted yet?

'your suited' would tilt me
No, but clearly you are.

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, my grammar is calling for help from deep down inside me. That's why I said "from". Sorry, sorry everyone I forgot how much the Brits get worked up over "Nazi".

you didn't just say that....really?....i think i'll leave this thread now and let the mods deal with you.

CrockPot

CrockPot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you must have spelt it wrong, and cc was doing you a favour by covering it up. :)
Nah, I spelt it correctly, and Debbie told me it was okay to use it on CC, I mean come on this is a poker forum, that word is part of the culture.

CrockPot

CrockPot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you didn't just say that....really?....i think i'll leave this thread now and let the mods deal with you.
What the Nazi part? You've got to admit it is true. And yes feel free to find the virtual door, as I might remind you this is MY thread and I think you've ran this tangent long enough. Now may we please get the thread back on track or let it die?

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What the Nazi part? You've got to admit it is true. And yes feel free to find the virtual door, as I might remind you this is MY thread and I think you've ran this tangent long enough. Now may we please get the thread back on track or let it die?

i think you'll find its cc's thread.

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Though you were leaving?

these are not quality posts and its very doubtful they will get you into the freeroll club.

try atleast 2 sentences next time and if you manage to get through it error free, you'll get a gold star.

CrockPot

CrockPot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
these are not quality posts and its very doubtful they will get you into the freeroll club.

try atleast 2 sentences next time and if you manage to get through it error free, you'll get a gold star.
And your post is of quality? Oh, and btw I'm in the freeroll club, and have been for quite some time now. :cool:

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And your post is of quality? Oh, and btw I'm in the freeroll club, and have been for quite some time now. :cool:

you just told me you learned more in here than 3 years at high school. if that's not quality, i dont know what is.

CrockPot

CrockPot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you just told me you learned more in here than 3 years at high school. if that's not quality, i dont know what is.
No, I didn't tell you I addressed the thread as a whole, kinda funny how self absorbed your post is, if I don't quote you then I am not directly writing to you. Hang up your ego (cards will make you, egos will break you) and leave my thread. Don't go personal again or I'll light your ass up with some facts. You really need to leave my thread.

Last edited: