Chips
pretty sure my post covers for the most part how connectors should be played

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
like everything else its HU is situational. you are always in a blind. SCs should be played with caution but played. Use caution with small SCs against an aggresive player.
By the way I am back.....did yall miss me??
Yes we did cowboy, but u better not stay away too long, all these newbies will come up not knowing who Cowboy is...

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not saying Calling is absolutely terrible, but I think its worse than 3betting imo depending on who youre playing. By just calling (esp OOP) youre putting yourself in a kinda bad spot. By just calling you've left yourself with not so much information regarding the villians hand, and what do you do when he fires the flop? Call=? raise? Does he fire multiple barrels with air? etc etc i think you get the point. Overall calling just puts you in a bad spot.

I'm very very aggro in HU. Lets say youre only 3betting 5% of your range, in HU thats super obvious. Are you raising every button? It seems since youre def. not 3betting as much as you should that you're probably not raising as much as you should from the button also. I raise pretty much every button (unless my opponent adjusts) and play my position pretty aggressively. HU is all about adjusting to the player, if the player is going to let me run over them, than I will. If the player starts 3betting me and adjusting, than I adjust

In HU you gotta mix up your game, and you cant play really ABC. (At least against good opponents).

Good advice overall. Ferguson advises raising some 80% of the time SB (basically almost any 2 cards).

If you think of EV as a curve compared to number of players it probably goes down then up as players lessen.

10 handed they're great, 5 or 6 players not so good, heads-up they're valuable again.

Heads-up any hand that connects in some way is a big hand. Think about how often your opponent will get better, most hands will be Q4 and such so they do have value, especially suited.

Yes they gain something HU in that sense, but when I discuss EV I am talking the number of people you can stack if you hit, so most chip value at full ring. But also value HU because you can win the match if you catch... I like the EV as curve idea...

Jam Castro

Jam Castro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks guys for your tips and advises(",)I'm really learning a lot just by reading all of your replies. Heads-up poker is really different because you can now play a lot of hands; and any 2 hole cards in heads-up is playable and with suited connectors I have to play it cautiously as the game goes on. Once again thank you sooo much guys(",)and have a great poker day!